None of the above 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
None of the above 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 199

mra1200
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2009, 2:01 am

DarrylZero wrote:
I don't know if this is the same thing, but when I eat with a knife and fork, I have the knife in my left hand and the fork in my right hand. I've noticed this is the opposite of how nearly everyone I've seen eat. I don't remember ever being corrected on this. I think I read somewhere that the way I eat is common in Europe, but I'm not sure about that.

I usually eat with the fork in my right hand, but when I need to cut something (like a steak), I prefer to cut with my right, so I switch and eat with my left and cut with the right. maybe a little bit backwards, but it works for me.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 4:34 am

I've always been right handed. For some reason I like changing hands for basic things, however.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 7:17 am

I've been a leftie from day one. My mom says that, when I was a baby, she would put the spoon on the right-hand side of my highchair. Since she's right-handed, this seemed natural to her. Apparently, I'd always reach over with my left hand, grab the spoon, and begin eating. The only things I do with my right hand are actions where I need to hold something with my left hand. For example, I deal cards with my right hand (holding the cards in my left), open jars/bottles with my right hand (holding with my left), and cut meat with my right hand (using the fork in my left hand as support, and then, to eat the meat). My right hand has absolutely no ability to grasp things, so I have to have my left hand always hold things.

I do think that, in my case, my left-handedness is related to my AS. There are only two other people in my family who are left-handed, and they are both cousins of my mother's who have left-handedness on their side of the family that I'm not related to.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

Last edited by OddDuckNash99 on 17 Aug 2009, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 7:19 am

Lefty here. :P

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2009, 7:34 am

Righty, but for some things I tend to use my left hand, like steering when I'm driving and opening doors and stuff. It just feels weird to drive with my right hand.

arcticmelody
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2009, 7:35 am

Ambidextrous

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2009, 8:22 am

I'm a righty, but it took me a long time to develop a domninant hand...I'd pick up a pencil, crayon or fork with either hand until I was about 7. I didn't have much in the way of fine motor skills as a child...so my writing and coloring was equally as crappy from either hand.

I write with my right hand, eat with my left, open jars with my left, and I swing a baseball bat or a golf club with my left. My domninant side is my left (eye, ear, leg/foot), except for my hand, which is my right. I'm not sure how that worked out.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Aug 2009, 10:02 am

Just a boring rightie. I'm not particularly very coordinated with it though in terms of handwriting and whatnot. I don't think I'd be any worse or better if I had learned using my left hand.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 10:07 am

I've always been left handed. Makes it very hard to play piano.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 10:22 am

I wrote with my left hand as a kid, but eventually taught myself to write with my right as well.
In general, my right side is stronger, and my left is more agile and flexible.

Edit: Oh, and while I can write with either hand, I ALWAYS do math with my left hand. Go figure. :?

Last edited by Maggiedoll on 17 Aug 2009, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 10:59 am

i am almost ambidextrous. i am more proficient with my right hand but i am adequate with my left as well.
sometimes i write things with my left hand if the paper and pen are on my left hand side.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 11:35 am

Extremely right-handed from birth.

rathernotsay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2009, 11:51 am

I'm right handed. I often do things with my left. My mother also placed utensils to my right. I usually pick up my drink with my left and have been asked if I'm a lefty when I use a fork with my left. skills in athletics that required ambidextrous ability were easy for me. I'm very close to equally proficient on both sides in my trade work.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2009, 12:59 pm

I don't know if I was left-handed from birth, but have been so as long as I can remember.

dadsgotas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Aug 2009, 3:44 pm

Extremely right-handed. Left is almost useless.

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2009, 5:34 pm

DarrylZero wrote:
I don't know if this is the same thing, but when I eat with a knife and fork, I have the knife in my left hand and the fork in my right hand. I've noticed this is the opposite of how nearly everyone I've seen eat. I don't remember ever being corrected on this. I think I read somewhere that the way I eat is common in Europe, but I'm not sure about that.

I do this too. I find it quite hard to co-ordinate my left hand so much prefer to have the fork in my right hand. I feel much more in control when the fork is in my right hand.