Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should We Create a Bureaucrat Registry?
Yes, with as much personal information about them as they have about us. 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Yes, but with only as much information about them that is available about sex offenders on the sex offender registry. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but only with picture, name and address information. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 13

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 6:08 pm

Nan wrote:
To the OP - I've been trying to figure out what's set you off, and from reading some other posts online here what I ~think~ happened is this:

You had a seizure or had an episode of some other medical condition that made it potentially unsafe for you to drive. I don't know the law in Florida, but I think it is probably the law there as it is in California: that medical personnel are required to report any person who may have such a condition to the motor vehicles licensing department. The motor vehicles people will then have to ascertain if the person is a danger to others (and themselves) when driving, and, thus, whether or not they should have their license revoked.

It's a damned shame when these things happen - and it's nobody's "fault" when someone does have a medical condition like that - but that's the breaks. I put it on the same par as sitting in your living room and having your home blown away by a tornado. It's a disaster. But blaming someone for something like that is just a tad on the bizarre side.

Now, if that's NOT what happened, please disregard.

As for your proposal - you're wanting to set up a publically-viewed database. That will have to be managed by someone, and verified by someone... voila! You've set up your very own bureaucracy. Which is, by definition, run by bureaucrats. (One would assume you would hire disinterested third parties to manage the thing, otherwise you run the risk of running a politically driven black-list, in which case you might as well start ordering the brown shirts for everyone to wear....) You'd better get some serious legal advice to make sure you don't end up explaining this all to a judge, somewhere, and creating even more misery for yourself.

The people have spoken and are speaking out. I am putting off the bureaucrat registry for now. However, for your information, the last disclosure of my personal medical information was not the only or even main reason for me wanting to create this registry. I still have my drivers license, and I do not drive. What "set me off," as you put it, is the fact that governments at all levels have been increasingly intrusive in the lives of people. Rather than existing as orginally intended to safeguard the liberties of the people, they have instead gotten to the point where they dictate nearly every aspect of people's lives. Just think about it. The governments can tell you what kind of trees you can have in your yard, what color you can paint your house, what kind of vehicle you can have in your driveway, etc. They can tell you what kinf of medical treatment you are and aren't allowed to have, what kind of work you can or cannot do, and the list goes on and on. Most of those who make these decisions are not even elected by the people. They are unelected and unaccountable regulators, commisars, administrative judges, etc.

If there is a dispute against any government decision, the onus is on the citizen. However, it is not as simple as a citizen coming to court, arguing his or her case, and having a jury or even a real judge decide. In order to bring a case, no matter what the grievance, a citizen has to wade through a ton of paperwork, spend vast sums of money, and go through a maze of clerks, jerks, etc to even have a CHANCE at being heard. Even if and when a citizen's grievance make it on the docket, that is only the beginning. The government agency against which the case is brought, can use its administrative rules, procedures, etc to push back the decision. Rather than ruling in favor or against a defendant, the agency in question gets continuances after continuances to drag out the case. This usually results in the citizen who usually works for a living to give up. The citizen can not afford to take many hours off work all the time in order to appear in front of a court on the appointed date only to have the government agency get the court to get a continuance. In most cases, the citizen does not have the same option.

I can give examples of case after case where a citizen is forced to pay an unjust fine simply because he obtained permission to permorm a task only to have that permission overridden by a "higher up." Another case I know involves a citizen who bought fish from a market to eat while he was aboard his vessel. His vessel was searched by the state marine patrol. The citizen was given a fine for possessing a fish out of season. Even though this citizen contested the fine, he ended up having to pay the fine simply because it was cheaper to pay it rather than missing trips in order to keep appearing before the court while the marine patrol pushed for the hearing to be delayed. Another case involves a person who received a speeding fine in a school zone even though she was or does not speed. I have had numerous experiences with the court system as both litigant and witness. Let me tell you, it is neither fair, partial, or in many cases even within the law.
It is nearly impossible for even a completely innocent person who happens to not have a lot of money to get exonerated. Even when exonerated, the damge from the fight itself is in most cases as bad or worse than the penalty handed down if found guilty.
http://www.fija.org

People in Amerika THINK that the Constitution guarantees their rights, but unfortunately, it does not. The only thing that guarantees rights in the Police States of Amerika is having more money and political power than the person or agency with whom you have a grievance. The perpose of the bureaucrat registry was to empower INDIVIDUAL citizens and give them the same information that government agencies hold over them. I had no intention of politicizing the registry. My only purpose was to put out information. The criteria to be listed was simply being a government or quasi government agent, elected official, judge, administaror, etc. I intended to list individuals from health inspectors, building inspectors, DMV officals, and even my favorite congressman, Ron Paul. In fact, my personal preferences wouldn't have even come into play. I intended to write data mining software to do the actual creation of the registry. I feel that those who would have been listed on the registry who did right ruling would not have anything to fear from the people.

People in Amerik need to come to a decision as to where they want to be men, women, and children with individual liberty and responsibility or merely chattel who are to be stamped, numbered and only heard from when it comes to tax time. I prefer to be in the former category. If being put in jail or being hauled on front of some kangaroo court would be the price for execising freedom of speech and ensuring liberty, then so be it. I took an oath to support and defend the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. However, this is a mute point. As of now, the people have spoken, and I have decided against working to create the bureaucrat registry at this time.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 2:15 pm

Odd, I was of the impression that the laws and regulations were passed by the legislature (and delegated to the subsidiaries they created to manage processes), which consists of elected representatives of the people. Thus, making "the government" the people. Legitimated mob rule, with a healthy dose of input by those who have significant financial resources. From what I've seen, the people who are "messed over repeatedly" are those who don't fit well in a general society, those who can't function or choose to not function in a way mandated by the majority, or are too poor (or ignorant of the techniques needed) to be able to or to know how to successfully navigate the system.

All you appear to be suggesting is more legitimated mob rule without any safeguards at all. Sorry, not going to vote for that one, sir. :wink: