Overheating during sex and other thermoregulation probs

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Wingmower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2009, 2:00 am

After I have been erect at least 20+ minutes my unit gets hotter. I've felt it against my stomach and it feels "hot". When I lost my virginity my girlfriend and I were hooked up about 20 minutes and she said its really hot several times and then she started turning her head left and right over and over again. I wish I could say that part on match dot com. I would have a lot better luck.

melissa17b
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2009, 9:19 am

RustyShackleford wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that thermoregulation problems can be a feature in ASDs.

My "thermoneutral zone" seems to be displaced 5-10 degrees C from most people. Ideal indoor temperature for me would be 15C/59F by day and 10C/50F by night. I'll won't start putting on anything warmer than short-sleeve tops until it gets below freezing, and only really feel cold when sick. Once it warms to about 22C/72F, I am constantly overheated and sweating like crazy, unless there is a good breeze (or I'm swimming).

During vigourous activity, I have been known to sweat profusely even at -40 degrees.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 7:18 pm

Ideas:

avoid coverings such as sheets and blankets.

lay down a towel to absorb sweat.

have one or two water bottles nearby. add ice if desired. you could even use the ice for erotic play!

use a fan/heater to adjust the temperature. if you tend to overheat then maybe keep the room temperature cooler.

ventilate the room to prevent stuffiness.

remember: the body cools by the evaporating of sweat.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 9:02 pm

I may have had this issue with my FWB.

But it could be that I only recently lost my virginity, and had been so accustomed to masturbation.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 9:38 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I may have had this issue with my FWB.

But it could be that I only recently lost my virginity, and had been so accustomed to masturbation.

I sympathise. I got rather hot my first time.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Oct 2009, 12:47 am

I've always preferred the cold. This last year, I started getting an even lower tolerance for heat. I started sweating profusely, and also started having hot flashes. I started visiting an acupuncturist, and, after about three months of visits, I am no longer sweating so much all the time. There is something to Chinese Medicine, no doubt!

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 2:32 am

My boyfriend has the overheating problem, so we tried doing it outside on the balcony, which helped.
I overheat if I am on antidepressants, with the added effect of not having a sexdrive. :(

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 5:26 am

I'm on Paxil, perhaps that could be contributing to things as well.

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2009, 8:11 am

In general, not with sex, I have a lot of thermo-regulation issues. If everyone is dressed in coats, I have a T-shirt. If everyone is warm, I am shivering. ><
Never had huge problems in sex though. I think I get distracted.. O.O

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 8:22 am

I am the same way. I cannot sleep in a hot, stuffy room, especially during the summer, when it often gets over 100 degrees during the day.

AussieAspie
Raven
Raven

24 Oct 2009, 8:57 pm

I get overheated quite often and I feel it coming on like a hot wave as if I would be able to burn anything I touch. It happens to me during sex a lot. My girlfriend is usualy cold and when she puts the heater on I can't stand it or if she pulls the quilt over us I have to thow half of it off.

EngishForAliens
Raven
Raven

26 Oct 2009, 12:56 pm

This happens to me too during sex and I believe it is called Hyperhidrosis. It is related to anxiety and not aspergers or sex. However since we are likely to be more anxious than most people during sex it explains the linkage.

I would get it after a job interview. My socks would be soaked through.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2009, 11:50 pm

LP0rc wrote:
Hmmm... I was unaware of an AS link to this. I tend to heat and sweat easily.

I don't need much in the way of "winter" clothing until it gets below freezing.

I'm exactly the same way, have been for the last 30 years, according to my mother, though I only realised it in elementary school.

SK4 wrote.
Quote:
I've had this problem, though others just pointed it out to me as hyper-active sweat glands, so much that my entire head of hair was wet.

Been there done that a lot.

Weird thing is, my mother is exactly opposite. She's not really comfortable until the temperature is about 26 degrees C or above. I'm glad we don't have a thermostat, it would've exploded!

ticktockpop
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2009, 8:07 pm

I almost never sweat; it takes a lot to get me sweaty. I am also usually colder than most people. However, whenever I am doing anything artistic, such as embroidering or illustration, and I am getting into the "zone", I start feeling like I have a sunburn all over my face and arms. People usually ask me if I am feeling OK and that I am red as a beet. No sweat, just amazing redness, heat and feeling like a bad sunburn. And it lasts for a long time.

During art college, I would start the day off being light olive, and end the day looking like a tomato. :oops:

Last week I was finishing my Halloween costume and my husband told me to check my face in the mirror. They joked around because it looked like I had just been in the sun, and my costume was to be a gypsy... "You are trying to go all out, even working on the sun tan!" It was funny.

But I still have no idea what triggers it. It's like something breaks inside me and off it goes. I am not in any medication; just the way I have always been. I wonder if it is really AS related as I never met anyone with this before.

Lepus

25 Nov 2009, 7:08 am

My thermoregulator is really quite wonky too. I get overheated often during sex if I'm doing all the work.

One of my hobies is LRP. I'm very friendly with the paramedics who help out at my LRP system because they've saved my life before when I lost all thermoregulation control. I got overheated on a battlefield and wandered off and collapsed, thankfully having the sense to yell at the nearest person just before I did so. They spent over an hour cooling me down with water, ice packs in my armpits and had me hooked up to some kind of device that measured my heart rate and temperature. My memory of the event is dodgy unsurprisingly so I couldn't tell you what it was. They told me afterwards that my body temperature had got up to 42 degrees celcius and if they hadn't been able to cool me down as fast as they did they would have had to evacuate me by air ambulance to get me to the nearest hospital with a facility to deal with me fast enough to stop me getting brain damage.

That happened about a year and a half ago. These days, I'm really careful to keep an eye on how warm I'm feeling. thankfully my usual problem is feeling too cold and people are used to me wearing a wooly scarf in my office.

PaganMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2009, 11:09 pm

Lots of guys sweat a lot during sex. My husband gets soaking wet during sex from the sweat. It will even drip off of him on to me and he's NT. I don't get sweaty during sex though, and I have AS, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but a lot of guys are sweaty like that. I've talked about that with women I know when we are talking about sex and a lot of women like that, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Some women get really turned on by it.

PaganMom