Things you wish adults knew when you were a child.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:19 am

Hi. I have compiled a list of quotes from ASD adults from WP, and a couple of other places about things they wish adults knew when they were children. I'm going to give a link to my blog instead of posting the entire list here again. I'm afraid it may crash WP, it's so long! If anyone is curious the original thread can be found in the General Autism Discussion.

http://oddsendsandautism.blogspot.com/2009/09/things-you-wish-adults-knew-when-you.html

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 4:26 pm

Interesting. I have AS myself, I found it very interesting to get a glimpse of other peoples lives.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 5:14 pm

Thankyou

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 6:37 am

You're welcome.

I do have a question. What would be the proper social etiquette for passing these out to teachers that my sons don't see as often, and principals? Do I send extra copies with them to give to their regular teacher, and ask her to pass them to others? Or do I mail it? I know that seems like a dumb question, but I'm not sure how to go about this. Also, if any of you would like nicer, easier to read, print friendly version please pm me, and I'll e-mail you the document. It looks like this http://asplanet.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=127&Itemid=171 The format was lost when I transferred it to my blog. I have someone trying to help me fix it to restore the code.

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 9:01 am

This is going to be really useful! And thanks for including the easier to read link. (I have a lot of trouble with reading white text on a black background.)

I think I am going to email the link to my sons' teachers.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 9:18 am

I would recommend printing it, because it may get more attention that way. Unless, your child has one of those wonderful teachers that are wanting to learn all that they can about ASD, chances are they'll read only part of the list, get tired of reading, and close it. We get so much info in our e-mails, FWDs ect... that we easily jump around to reading only parts of things. Plus, if they have it on paper they can refer back to it later. The good thing about the link, though is that it's connected to a lot of other articles, and info that they could also read. Tough decision. I kinda have to print it, because I don't want my kids' teachers to know that I'm also probably on the spectrum. There are some things in my blog, and on the other site that I really don't want them to know about me. It's not that I'm ashamed, it's just that it's not something I feel that they all need to know about.