email dating ediquette and dating websites

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jimmie906
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2009, 4:49 pm

First let me just say that I am not good with computers and hope that I am posting this right and that it is ok to start a new subject here. I have only been on this site couple times. I have some questions and would like some feedback. While I still somewhat question my asperger diagnosis, I figure here would be a good place to ask my questions. I am trying online dating sites because I find it impossible to talk to or meet women other places and would not know where to look anyway. I have never attempted to meet women or anything like that before, so I not only have the usual difficulties people dating have, but add my aspergers and it seems like an impossible goal to find a wife. I suffer from depression and anxiety also and for the last nine months have panic attacks when going in public. I am on disability so I do not have to go out much. I have never heard of people passing out from panic attacks but that is what the docs say. I have to take zanax to go anywhere now. How am I supposed to go on a date? Anyway I am totally obsessed with getting married and haveing kids. I was obsessed with other things before and now it is this. I got in trouble before before because I could not control my obsessions and lost a friend in the process. My therapist says it is my narrow range of thinking associated with aspergers. I spend all day on the computer on dating sites. Anyway, I have started emailing some on the site Match and have no clue the proper social protocol in emails. I do not want to appear to pushy or serious right away. It seems like they all just make small talk and I do not know what to talk to them in the emails about. Any help on this will be appreciated. Also, I have had bad experiences with some of the dating websites. I think that a good share of them are ripoffs. I am on the site Chemistry too because I thought it would be easier to be matched with ones that are compatible. I rarely get responses from any that I send that I am interested in. It appears as though they are mostly inactive members and I did not care for many of them on there anyway. Eharmony could not match me with any. I do not care for Match. either and have read many bad reviews about it as well. I do tend to prefer a site that matches me with somebody because it is not in my nature to hit on women. I have checked out the sites True and Perfectmatch as well. I do not know where I could find unbiased reviews of what sites have the best satisfaction and also what sites have the most members. Every place says something different. If anyone knows where I can find unbiased reviews of dating sites, please speak up. I am interested in everyone's experiences on any of the bigger dating sites-good or bad. Hope to get some feedback. It says I can add a poll on here. I am going to attempt to so hopefully it would show up on here somewhere. On where it says poll option am I supposed to put choices or what? Don't know what that space is for. Anyway am going to attempt to put a poll.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

Check out the "Eligible Odd-Bods" thread! :)

~Steve Jobs

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 9:11 pm

Tangowire was a decent site. I think they're hitting this trend where both members have to pay in order for ANY communication to work. It's a real ripoff if you ask me. If you pay, you should get to talk to someone you like. OkCupid is free though, you should give that a try.