Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 10:42 am

I want to change my appearance slightly and I have very light eyebrows and I think that dyeing them would be the way to go.

It's just that much subtle of a change that people will wonder what's different but can't quite put their finger on it. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 10:51 am

digger1 wrote:
I want to change my appearance slightly and I have very light eyebrows and I think that dyeing them would be the way to go.

It's just that much subtle of a change that people will wonder what's different but can't quite put their finger on it. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

haha oh god dont :D

yes its possibly to dye your eyebrows, some chicks do it, but...

dont :D

it doesnt

appear very well

:D

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 10:59 am

I'm not talking about a home job. Goodness no!

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 11:26 am

Yeah, if you're going to do it, get it professionally done by someoe who knows what they're doing. Keep in mind that if you go beyond a tint, it does grow out so you either need to keep up with it, or go through a period of having darker colour on top, and the light colour on bottom as it grows out. Ask ahead of time how often you would have to come in to have it maintained and how much it will cost. That can help you decide if it's the change you want to make.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 11:36 am

if you did do it yourself, I would recommend using Henna...namely, Surya Henna....it comes pre-mixed in a squeeze bottle, so it is easy to work with..just protect the skin around the eyebrows and comb it in with an eyelash comb...it will wash out gradually...really does not last very long at all.....if you have it professionally done, maybe find a place that uses henna...no harsh chemicals..for one thing...

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2009, 12:31 pm

yes- you can get it done at beauticians. they do a patch test first (dab some on your forearm) to make sure you're not allergic, then you return the following day, or week, for the whole thing.
they tint eye lashes too.

i keep meaning to get it done....sigh....procrastination...

though i have very dark brown hair my eye brows are pointlessly, and freakishly pale, so i look a bit weird. i recently bought a mac eyebrow pencil (THE best make- and dont try eyeliner- much too smudgy) and the difference is amazing- you're right.

its a subtle but excellent improvement.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 1:05 pm

I have dark hair and pale eyebrows too..Revlon used to make a decent eyebrow makeup..wasn't a pencil..had a little brush..

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 2:00 pm

digger1 wrote:

Why not go all out for a complete makeover like this:

:twisted:

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 3:09 pm

is that what I look like? Dear gawd I had no idea.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 3:41 pm

Uh....what the hell is with her boobs? :shock: Everything else on her sags down, but her boobs point up. That's gravity defying And pretty ugly looking too. Sorry, digger. I think you should work on the boob thing first. Then the eyebrows. :lol:

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 5:29 pm

boobs then eyebrows. Got it.

Well, now that I think about it, if I'm that old and fugly and my boobs are standing up like that, I'm doing something right.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 5:38 pm

And you're burning all those calories. Don't worry. You'll lose the weight in no time. I suggest a good supportive bra though or else you'll be super skinny with really scary boobs.

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 5:40 pm

That being a particularly nice picture of the late great Divine, I'm not sure how much of his impressive frontage is his own...here in action (with less spectacular mamajamas)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXoGjYO7TY[/youtube]

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 7:28 am

Ligea_Seroua wrote:
That being a particularly nice picture of the late great Divine, I'm not sure how much of his impressive frontage is his own...here in action (with less spectacular mamajamas)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXoGjYO7TY[/youtube]

I must confess that I was looking for one of the stills from Pink Flamingos where Divine is walking to the Butcher Shop and you can plainly see large bulge in 'her' crotch though the dress. --Sadly I was unable to find one of them.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 7:53 am

Dose are man-boobs..that's why they're so strange...;)

Careful with henna, tho. I had an art professor who tried dying her hair with henna, and it came out 'Ronald McDonald' red. She cut it so short, she was channeling Annie Lennox after that..;)

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 8:02 am

pakled wrote:
Dose are man-boobs..that's why they're so strange...;)

Careful with henna, tho. I had an art professor who tried dying her hair with henna, and it came out 'Ronald McDonald' red. She cut it so short, she was channeling Annie Lennox after that..;)

There's Red Henna and Black Henna. Black Henna is the one that you will be looking for. Minneapolis has a large Somali population and a lot of them use Red Henna on their beards. It looks kind of strange, but for them it's pretty much a traditional thing.