Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SuicideVampire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 1:49 am

Having AS and knowing "symptoms" of various social abnormalities, I am dead convinced that Eminem has something similar to what we have.
Think about it. He is relatively antisocial. His subject matter ranges from childish to disturbing (especially Relapse). He's a human dictionary. He was pretty bright but failed the 9th grade three times. His diction and wording whilst speaking to others is socially awkward. His talent is simply too out of this world. He's compared himself to Rain Man (wildly talented autistic from movie), and said "all I can do well is rap". Look at his outbursts and temper tantrums on national television in the past.
All I can do is speculate, but I can comfortably say that Marshall Bruce Mathers III was NOT cut out for fame.
Either way, he's definitely something special.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 2:00 am

Eminem is definitively a well talented man, and very famous!

So, it's not called "social disorder" anymore because famous artists can do what they want!

(I love his videos: at least I can understand a little what he's talking about :) )

03 Oct 2009, 2:05 am

Becoming famous is the cure to AS and social disorders :lol:

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 2:11 am

Yes! And also, you can punch papparrazzies in their faces! Break their precious cameras, everything!

Well done for them!

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 2:23 am

What did a very good and famous French actress that I love: Image
To protest against stolen photos, Sandrine Bonnaire has made a cart of manure poured in front of the building of the editorial staff of the magazine (x :x .)

That took place in the heart of Paris.

What a smell for them!
And what a burden to get rid of!

I loved that one!

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 2:27 am

Yes, I can relate a bit. This song sort of fits some of the things that have been going on in my life in the past year or so. I had a professor that thought Eminem was frivolous, much the same way as Howard Hughes, and that I might be frittering too much time watching TV and whatnot, but now that I think about it, how else was I supposed to pick up on the emotional stuff? TV and movies are sometimes good places to start because things are exaggerated and caricatured, but one cannot stay there forever.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y[/youtube]

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 03 Oct 2009, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuicideVampire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 2:31 am

You don't seem to understand the pain that he is in. I said he isn't fit for fame because of the misery he has and its amplification in the public spotlight. He was depressed and suicidal for a while, but was ridiculed by the public rather than understood.
Anyway, Em is my favorite artist because his music encourages me to stay alive and keep fighting. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for him and his inspiration, I may have been dead by now.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 4:32 am

SuicideVampire wrote:
You don't seem to understand the pain that he is in. I said he isn't fit for fame because of the misery he has and its amplification in the public spotlight. He was depressed and suicidal for a while, but was ridiculed by the public rather than understood.
Anyway, Em is my favorite artist because his music encourages me to stay alive and keep fighting. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for him and his inspiration, I may have been dead by now.

Same as me. Wasnt for music like this i can relate to i would have killed myself or something.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 7:45 am

Eminem has AS? LOOOOLLLL that's one of the most ridiculous AS speculations I've ever heard. I don't see how growing up with a drug addicted mother, writing funny and shocking s**t, and being good at rapping are smoking guns to AS. Well he did get beat into a coma during high school, but he was targeted for being skinny and not for being socially awkward.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 7:56 am

I believe that post traumatic stress disorder's symptoms can easily be confused with Asperger syndrom.
I also believe that having A.S. can easily drive to a P.T.S.D.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 9:56 am

AceOfSpades wrote:
Eminem has AS? LOOOOLLLL that's one of the most ridiculous AS speculations I've ever heard. I don't see how growing up with a drug addicted mother, writing funny and shocking sh**, and being good at rapping are smoking guns to AS. Well he did get beat into a coma during high school, but he was targeted for being skinny and not for being socially awkward.

You obviously haven't seen the "Did Jesus Have AS?" and "Did Hitler Have AS?" threads.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 10:58 am

Who is Eminem?

ruveyn

ancashion
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 11:08 am

SuicideVampire wrote:

Ridiculous

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 11:10 am

AceOfSpades wrote:
Eminem has AS? LOOOOLLLL that's one of the most ridiculous AS speculations I've ever heard. I don't see how growing up with a drug addicted mother, writing funny and shocking sh**, and being good at rapping are smoking guns to AS. Well he did get beat into a coma during high school, but he was targeted for being skinny and not for being socially awkward.

I've never heard of someone getting beat up like that just for being skinny! When I first saw this thread I was skeptical, but after reading your post it does sound like Em has some things in common with AS. The drug addicted mother hasn't got much to do with the diagnosis, btw.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 12:02 pm

The trouble is that when someone is working in a field where image is everything, they make that image carefully into what they think would be most appealing to fans. There's no way you can actually speculate on the person behind the image. The best you can say is, "Wow, Eminem's image is awfully antisocial," but there's no way you can say anything about the guy himself.

Besides, "antisocial" isn't Asperger's to begin with; it's closer to antisocial personality disorder. And like I said, that's just the image. No telling what he's like behind it. Chances are, most rappers mature out of their tough-boy images not too soon after they have to start dealing with all the paperwork and responsibilities of actually being famous (or, y'know, managing all the people who do the paperwork for him). It doesn't make their music more or less genuine than it used to be, but it does put a rather wide gap between their daily life and the things they talk about in their music.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

SuicideVampire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 1:51 pm

ancashion wrote:
SuicideVampire wrote:

Ridiculous

Thanks a lot. That makes me feel better. I guess I'm a ridiculous person. Now I can add another character flaw to my ever growing list.

I'm truly not of this world-