Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jerry123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2009, 2:13 am

* Problems with social skills: Children with Asperger's syndrome generally have difficulty interacting with others and often are awkward in social situations. They generally do not make friends easily. (I barely know how to interact with people)

* Eccentric or repetitive behaviors: Children with this condition may develop odd, repetitive movements, such as hand wringing or finger twisting.(I wring my fingers together all the time)`

* Unusual preoccupations or rituals: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop rituals that he or she refuses to alter, such as getting dressed in a specific order. (Back then I would always wear the same shirt to church.)

* Communication difficulties: People with Asperger's syndrome may not make eye contact when speaking with someone. They may have trouble using facial expressions and gestures, and understanding body language. They also tend to have problems understanding language in context. (I always had trouble with eye contact. and when I talk to a stranger I never make facial expressions which is most probably why most people find me boring to talk to)

* Limited range of interests: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop an intense, almost obsessive, interest in a few areas, such as sports schedules, weather or maps. (back in 2004 I used to wake up every morning at 5:00 A.M. and listen to the radio. Currently I enjoy staying up every night)

* Coordination problems: The movements of children with Asperger's syndrome may seem clumsy or awkward. (back in the mid 90's I remember accidentally breaking my father's favorite bowl. and usually everytime I walk I have to balance myself on one leg to keep myself from falling)

* Skilled or talented: Many children with Asperger's syndrome are exceptionally talented or skilled in a particular area, such as music or math. (Yes I am excellent in math. in fact when ever someone in my family has a math problem, they come to me)

I forgot to mention that since 2003 I have been fixated with Jazz and Smooth Jazz.

I was told I have asperger's by a neurologist in 2001 but my parents don't believe so because my parents said that the neurologist had misdiagnosed patients before

Should I visit a doctor for a diagnosis?

ShogunSalute

09 Oct 2009, 4:57 am

Yes. :)

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 5:11 am

I'd say yes :P

Have a look there:

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php