Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jolanta
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2009, 8:43 am

Hi all

Basically I'm a film student, based in Newport -UK, with really huge will of doing a documentary on autism, and no any clue how to get access. l've tried contacting organisations like The National Autistic Society but the the formal-barrier is just simply uncrossable, what makes me suprised to be honest as in my naivety was expecting that films which try to explain and bring people closer problems like this are needed and welcome.

Would be very gratefull if somebody could give me some good advices then.

Thanks for reading,

Jolanta.

aguales
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2009, 1:49 pm

There have been a number of documentaries done on autism and asperger's. Maybe you can try to contact the creators or organizations that sponsored such documentaries and maybe they'll offer some advice and guidance. If you google autism + aspergers + documentaries, I'm sure you'll get a good number of results and if you're persistent and precise in your search, I'm sure you can find contact emails as you jump around google.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 6:24 pm

Hi, great to hear about being interested in doing a documentary :D
First of all do what you want to do, I've seen excellent documentaries, and the best one was just someone (never seen) interviewing a person. It's called The Last Days. very memorable and simple.
Just follow this and I'll assure you success: link