Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 9:02 pm

I think people should hear both sides of the story before they decide to pass judgement.

First off, I apologize for my behavior in the chatroom last night. I shouldn't have, as one of the chat ops put it, "fed the troll." Trelayne was obviously a troll who was slipping through the cracks. The atmosphere of the chat often changed when he was there, and on many times, he spoke to people in a way that implied he felt they were stupid. If you read the logs, you'll even see that he called Sean ignorant. He also had the audacity to call Alex a name (I can't remember exactly what it was, but you can find it if you read the logs), which led to him getting kicked by Alex. He also was quick to call people "racists." Someone made a generalization about Indians that wasn't even mean. Normally I hate generalizations, but I don't think they're so horrible if they're nice ones. She said something like "they're too nice and try to get into a relationship with you" or something like that, and he got mad she made generalizations and called her a racist. That's basically how this whole thing started, he called her a racist, and some of us defended her. There were many people who have been offended by trelayne, not just this supposed "clique" that he speaks of. Anyway, to get to what I did wrong, I pretended to be a conservative and started making ridiculous comments, hoping to get to his goat like he was getting to mine. It was wrong for me to feed the troll, and on top of that, I offended others in the process. For that I am sorry.

But what's getting to me right now is he had the audacity to make a thread about me. Others have gotten in trouble for making threads about other people, but now it's all the sudden ok that trelayne made a thread about me and brought my name into it. :x

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 9:07 pm

QuirkyCarla wrote:
But what's getting to me right now is he had the audacity to make a thread about me. Others have gotten in trouble for making threads about other people, but now it's all the sudden ok that trelayne made a thread about me and brought my name into it. :x

Well, fair's fair... it will be locked for the time being unless the other mods decide otherwise... Both sides have said their piece and the chat ops are being made aware, so the thread has served its main purpose