Famous People with Asperser’s Syndrome

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 8:48 am

Gary Numan.

Quote:
Numan told the Metro newspaper: 'I've read a lot about it and I fulfil some of the diagnostic criteria but not others. I probably only have a mild form. It means you're unable to interact socially in a way that is generally acceptable. For example, if people came over for dinner and I saw a magazine I hadn't read, I'd pick it up, sit in the corner and read it - which I now know is wrong. You also don't readily understand facial expressions. You don't communicate in the same way.'"

http://advancedtheory.blogspot.com/2006 ... ferer.html

http://drownedinsound.com/news/1277766- ... he-reckons

Who is he ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 10:40 am

I think that is almost impossible a famous person who was already famous at 1994 to have a diagnosis of AS (like Spielberg, Gates or, for the matter, Ackroyd) - when AS was created, they did not have relevant problems in occupational or social areas.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 1:49 pm

TPE2 wrote:
I think that is almost impossible a famous person who was already famous at 1994 to have a diagnosis of AS (like Spielberg, Gates or, for the matter, Ackroyd) - when AS was created, they did not have relevant problems in occupational or social areas.

Very true.

Quote:
Eighties new wave pop icon GARY NUMAN has diagnosed himself with anti-social disorder Asperger Syndrome after studying the symptoms of his communication problems. The CARS hitmaker recalls hearing about the neurobiological disorder when he was much younger but so little was known about it back then that doctors were reluctant to confirm he was a victim. But Numan, real name GARY WEBB, is convinced he has the disorder and it explains why he has considerable problems with communication and social skills. He tells London newspaper Metro, "It was suggested I had it when I was younger but no one knew much about it then. "I've read a lot about it since and I fulfil some of the diagnostic criteria... Because of Asperger, I see the world as a hostile place."

Another Numan qoute: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... me_1012965

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

The creator of Pokemon, Satoshi Tajiri has been confirmed to be diagnosed with Asperger's from many different sources and when he was a kid, we was really big on bugs and bug collecting which inspired him to make Pokemon which not only you could collect bugs, but other different creatures too.

He got into video games as well and then became interested in that as well as bugs and he often skipped school because he was so fascinated in other things so he did not do the best in school either and he worked on Pokemon for six years to make sure everything was exactly right and many were unsure that the games would even sell, of course, they were wrong and the games sold like hot cakes and they, along with Final Fantasy VII were responsible for making RPGs mainstream in the United States.

And then you have me who is OBSESSED with Pokemon ever since six years old and I still love it so it does not surprise me that I can relate to the games and all of the detail, there is a lot of detail. I've said this many times, but it is a game that's easy to play for children, but hard to master with all of the hidden game mechanics and the like.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 4:27 pm

TheAutisticDirector wrote:
TheMisfit wrote:
Well Bill Gates is for sure as he came out publicly and announced it.

Do you have a reliable source for that?

Arghh!

It was pretty big news for awhile, and I had read an article on USA Today about it. I can't find that article otherwise I would post it, but it talked about Bill Gates having been officially diagnosed. I wish I had the evidence... next time I talk about such things I'll makes sure to site my sources.

I've seen a lot of speculation regarding Bill Gates, but I have never seen anything stating he has an official diagnosis, nor have I seen a report of him announcing he has it.

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 5:09 pm

Vernon Smith, "Nobel Prize" of Economics (this contradicts my theory of 2:40 am)

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 7:34 pm

Steven Spielberg doesn't have Asperger's. I really wish people would stop saying that he did. Jesus Christ, learn to use Google.

The singer Ladyhawke has Asperger's. I find her inspiring since she's a lesbian with Asperger's, and so am I.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 9:37 pm

Diagnosed with Asperser’s Syndrome…

Aspersian topic

I love this unintentional freudian slip, which could be appled to many who frequent PPR here at WP. :P :twisted:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 9:41 pm

Delirium wrote:
Steven Spielberg doesn't have Asperger's. I really wish people would stop saying that he did. Jesus Christ, learn to use Google.

The singer Ladyhawke has Asperger's. I find her inspiring since she's a lesbian with Asperger's, and so am I.

She also writes all her own songs and plays every instrument on her recordings. Plus she makes kickin' New Wave music. She reminds me of a female (and much more famous) version of me.