Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

safren
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2009, 7:11 pm

Hi im new to this website my fiance put me in touch, recently diagnosed with high functioning Autism im trying to learn everything i can to help him with his difficulties anyone with any information/advice for me would be great to hear from you.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 8:46 pm

Can you be more specific about your fiance's difficulties? There are many things that could be the problem -- if you could narrow it down, it would help us to help you out.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 10:09 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2009, 10:39 pm

Hi safren,

Welcome To

The whole site is filled with specifics regarding HFA and all it's idiosyncrasies /manifestations. Try using the search function for specifics. Aspergers symptoms may also apply, BTW The term "NT" will be found repeatedly throughout your quest, it stands for NeuroTypical, meaning those considered to have an "average" or "standard" type wiring in their brain.

Also consider searching YouTube for couples with aspergers or marriage and autism, terms along those lines will introduce you to some wonderful books and blogs and people who share your situation and concerns. Last but not least, don't be afraid to ask what might seem odd questions, we all learn from and through each other around here.
:)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2009, 11:05 am

Greetings, and welcome to the Wrong Planet, safren. You may wish to check out Wrong Planet's In-Depth Adult Life Discussion Forum: http://www.wrongplanet.net/forum32.html
Here's wishing you and your fiancé all the best.