Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

corruptedsmile
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm

hmm lets see, hunter x hunter, defense devil, which hunter, GTO, king of hell. G-school, and yotsuba even though it was already mentioned. some people dont like GTO ill admit i wasent a fan at first but it really grew on me. which hunter, and hunter x hunter are my favorites off that list.

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2010, 5:26 am

Dragonball Z, and fruits basket are my faves!!
DBZ is fantasy martial arts manga, all about a man called goku and his family. goku was sent to earth as a baby from the planet vegeta, and brought up by an old man, who died when he was five. he has other-worldy powers and inhuman strength and he has to use this to defend earth from constant alien threats. earth had seven dragonballs and if they are put together, a wish can be granted, so aliens want them all the time!
fruits basket is about a sixteen year old orphan named Tohru Honda, and she meets the mysterious Sohma family deep in the woods. they all hide a deep secret- thirteen family members are possesed by a zodiac animal spirit, and if they are hugged by a member of the opposite sex, they will tranform into their zodiac animal! The story is about how they live their lives in fear of being found out, and being bound by the will of their leader, Akito, whom they consider a god, and how tohru changed their lives for good.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 7:04 pm

ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!! !! !! !! !! !

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 9:58 pm

The art style really draws me in for some reason. Just the way they look. I dunno why >.<

As for watching anime in itself, I like it while I'm doing that, but otherwise I'm really inconsistent, and bad at getting around to it. I've been planning to watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for the past few months, and I'm only on episode 5. Even worse, I've been planning to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion since the beginning of this year, and I'm only on episode 14. The low amount of episodes should keep me going back to just finish it already, but... meh!

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 3:09 pm

And I'm pretty much into the same genres. There's an anime called Kaiba. It's really good. It's pretty much about a future where you can put other people's memories into another body, and it's going out of control. Also, the main character, Warp, has to get back to the Kingdom of Memories and find his friend. I think you'd like it. :wink:

xXEmoStarMCRXx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2010, 3:25 pm

Yay. More anime/manga fans.
My favourites are -
Hetalia (history bishies. yay)
Death Note
Full Moon
Code Geass
Elfen Lied
Popotan

All of them are worth watching, in my opinion. Especially Hetalia. <3

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2010, 6:36 pm

I love it it all but my favorite is SOUL EATER. :thumright:
If you want ideas go to animestleath.com.

Last edited by blade1993 on 16 Oct 2010, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 6:02 pm

Oh, and I'm currently watching Lucky Star; it's hilarious, and similar to me! I'm like a cross between Miyuki and Konata.

xXEmoStarMCRXx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2010, 3:57 am

KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:
Oh, and I'm currently watching Lucky Star; it's hilarious, and similar to me! I'm like a cross between Miyuki and Konata.

Lucky Star FTW! <3

I'm like Konata, only without blue hair. xD

blade1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2010, 2:38 pm

Sorry DBZ fans but it should have died after the end of Dragon Ball. :skull:
No Z and definitely no GT. :thumbdown:
Still like little Goku though. :geek:

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 1:18 pm

xXEmoStarMCRXx wrote:
KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:

Lucky Star FTW! <3

I'm like Konata, only without blue hair. xD

It would be cool if I had blue hair. -w- It's a Konata emoticon! ^^ Cool!

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 6:28 pm

fairy tail and rozen maiden are pretty good to gantz is nice aswel.

tyuiop159
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Oct 2010, 12:56 pm

I love Death Note, School Days, and Code Lyoko (Code Lyoko isn't Japanese, but it's still awesome.)

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 10:34 pm

I'm still stuck on +Anima, Mahou Sensei Negima (Magister Negi Magi), Azumanga Daioh, Ouran High Host Club, and Pani Poni Dash

termometrs
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Nov 2010, 3:19 pm

Nice thread, I was just thinking about picking up some new series.

Some Mangas I love and advice for others to check out are Liar game and Kaiji (Kaiji also has good anime).
Also I recently got interested in Manhwas (korean version of Manga), and some of the best are Noblesse and Ares. There is also Tower of god, but it started only recently.

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2010, 8:09 pm

blade1993 wrote:
Sorry DBZ fans but it should have died after the end of Dragon Ball. :skull:
No Z and definitely no GT. :thumbdown:
Still like little Goku though. :geek:

I liked the first DB as well... Z at GT just became a power fest... At the end of GT, Goku is just so powerful, he could probably blow up half the universe with a small fart..

From the same artist We have Dr. Slump. Really a hilarious series for all ages :D

I just finished Fullmetal Alchemist. It's a little slow in the beginning, but after episode 15-20 things pick up.

Dennou coil is another good one if you're into light sci-fi. Augmented reality is the main story point here. The anime hasn't been licensed yet, and is such legal to download from torrent sites.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume aka. Invasion! Squid girl is a new anime. It's about a girl from the sea who comes to invade the surface world because of us polluting the oceans. Thing is, she knows nothing of humans and hilarity ensues :P. This anime also has not been licensed yet, therefore legal to download.

Naruto is just too long with far too many fillers inbetween, so it's hard to pick up on today. I've mostly seen bits and pieces of it because it's rather drawn out like DBZ but not as much. Get the games though, as many of them are good and rather innovative.

Wolf's rain is also a good sci-fi anime with many good effects and a nice story behind it. However it's hard to find on dvd or torrent, so getting the entire anime will be a hard task.

Cowboy Bebop is a quite good anime for its time with a solid story and great animation work. IMO it ends too soon though...

On the movie side we have Gunbuster, which is about humankind's last stand against a horde of aliens. It's a great movie, but the plot may be a bit flaky.

The original Ghost In The Shell movie is also quite good

Although not anime, The movie Casshern contains many classic anime story traits. It also looks quite anime-ish as well. If you're into the cyberpunk genre, I can recommend this one. However I have still to find a version with acceptable subtitles