Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2006, 2:45 pm

i stalked a few boys at school that, finding out what their school timetables were, where they lived, etc. When i look back now, i'm embarressed and it's no suprise i have only one friend from my school days!
never was obsessed with people in general as preferred my own company. Just watched people from a distance. I think also i learnt early to laugh at my wierd behaviour when other people laughed at it, so it gave the impression that my habits were ok. It's a technique i still employ-giggle when i'm doing strange things so people don't get serious about my funny habits.

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2006, 10:25 pm

well, what i have the BIGGEST problem with is the fact that i kinda follow people wherever they go (if I know them, cause i don't like to be alone). My mom even says that when she walks around, i am like her "tail" always behind her... sometimes it ends up with me tripping over her. you could say i am playing a perpetual game of follow the leader.

msamericanpartiot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2006, 9:11 pm

I did that in college. I had a HUGE crush on these two blond staff members. I dropped out of college knowing that if I stayed I would keep doing it. At the time stalking had just become a felony in my state of NC.

Aaron_Mason
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 9:44 pm

Hey,

I used to do it... as far as I was concerned I was only being friendly. It came clear that this wasn't welcome so I stopped. When I moved to another town I was often accused of stalking by girls who saw me as ugly.

AS is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I'm the same as I was when I was six years old - Modest Mouse

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 5:55 pm

Papillon wrote:

• Some people, especially women, nervously skitter past me on the sidewalk downtown or move to a seat further from me on the bus when there are more empty seats available. I've had some nervously pull their children away from me as I come around an aisle in the grocery store. It's as if I'm an ogre that will eat them alive and that hurts.

• Dogs go berzerk around me. I have to either ask the owner to remove them or just remove myself from such a place.

• Streetlights shut off as I drive or walk under them at night.

Any woman who does that to you is a b***h.

And I certainly wouldn't take the dogs or streetlights personally.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 6:05 pm

Wow, I see I'm not the only one who memorised or remembered details of the other pupils in my school.

In my case it was each pupil's middle initial(s), and actual middle names which people would sometimes go on to tell me. Also, which class each pupil was in.

This got me into trouble with a teacher when someone had tipped him off that I had a list of pupils, with their middle names. Maybe he thought I was stalking people?

I used to get accused of following people a LOT. Yet whatever anyone said, it was never intentional. Sometimes it would be because I was shopping or hanging out down town. In the course of an afternoon down town I would bump into the same person several times and they'd automatically assume I was following them.

Getting accused of following or stalking anyone is very spirit breaking.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 9:49 pm

i never would intentionally stalk someone! but in middle school i did get accused of it. the truth was, i was lonely, in a new town, and this girl had reached out to me and then turned her back on me when she decided i was too weird (i completely missed this and assumed we were still friends) it didn't end too well...

there was also this guy i liked a while ago, and i didn't stalk him, but he thought i was. this isn't an impaired view of anything either. i wasn't stalking him. i just had a massive crush on him and didn't know what to do about it. he's a f*****g as*hole though and i'm gonna leave it that way

now i'm just respectful of others. i let people live their own lives. the most i'll know about anyone in my grade is what town they live in or who they're dating (word of mouth from friends); i won't learn anything else unless it is by them having convarsations w/ me or if we're friends.

does anyone consider viewing people's myspaces as stalking? cuz come to think of it, it could be extremely easy to stalk someone on there - kinda creepy don't ya think?

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 4:25 pm

I certainly wouldn't class viewing myspaces, or other types of profile online as stalking.

It cannot be anywhere near stalking unless you are actually contacting them.

I too am one for wanting to know information about people. I google people's names, people from online and offline.

When I entered one online lady's name, I found two or three pages where there were county court judgments, or whatever you call them in the US, for debt. Nope, I never told her or reminded her.

I googled another online girl's name and the first page mentioning her was a local newspaper, with a picture of her.

And I've looked up people's names - people I barely know - on the Friends Reunited site (7 million people out of a UK population of 60 million) so I know info about them that they don't know I know.

But unless I actually contact any of these people, I cannot be classed as stalking them.

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2006, 6:55 pm

No, and I make it a habit to be act very conservatively around people and groups to avoid those kinds of messy misconceptions. 8O Just recently, I went to the theatre with a friend and we shared a seat between us in the theatre (at least it was a nice place to put the popcorn and food!) because I wasnt sure what her social boundries were.

Sorry to hear that it happened to some of you.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 8:26 pm

Comkeen wrote:
No, and I make it a habit to be act very conservatively around people and groups to avoid those kinds of messy misconceptions. 8O Just recently, I went to the theatre with a friend and we shared a seat between us in the theatre (at least it was a nice place to put the popcorn and food!) because I wasnt sure what her social boundries were.

Sorry to hear that it happened to some of you.

see, if you're friends, then this seat issue shouldn't be a problem! if she's happy to be there, then she wouldn't mind sitting next to you!

and yeah messy misconceptions suck, i've got to say. i'm not necessarily conservative, i'm just respectful

silasjones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2006, 10:01 pm

Nobody's ever called me a stalker, although apparently a not-so-friendly girl I know didn't take so well to my advances - friend only. I don't do romance, so that wasn't what I was looking for. But she apparently assumed it was, and thus I'm kind of angry that she didn't even take the time to get to know me.

Fortunately I have friends who are aware of my social inability - not by the name AS, because I'm not even sure I have it (although I did post that I think I have it on my blog - http://silasjones.blogspot.com) - and they put up red flags whenever something's going on with them or somebody else that is socially awkward.

Woot for friends / Loser is the other girl. :evil:

jman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 11:36 am

A girl at my school accused me of stalking her. She used to talk to me every now and then about her boyfriend and stuff. I started following her around a lil bit cause i thought she was cool, and even as a joke one time took her cell phone and programmed mine into. Well the whole following her around thing didn't go over with her too well. So one day when i tried to sit by her in class she told me off in front of the whole class. Needless to say I was mortified :x So I went to the head of my department, we sat her down and told her that i wasn't trying to be a stalker, and aplogized if my behavior offended her. I didn't talk to her much after that.

I can definetely see how the obsession with people relates to autism. It really makes me angry i have to apologize for being myself. :(

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2006, 3:04 pm

yay irony... you get it jman?

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

01 Apr 2006, 6:55 pm

ugg!
when i went to Oregon for a boarding school there was a girl who stalked me. she was everywhere i was goin like the bathroom, she would hover near the door and try to talk to me.

then one day when the staff were tossing dorms they found a pair of my boxers in her drawer.
after that i took a walk and i serrously saw a demon. *shudder* i almost pissed myself in fright, and almost took off a staff members head as i tried to fight it.
turns out this chick was like a high teplar or something in Whicka.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 9:41 pm

Jerick wrote:
yay irony... you get it jman?

no i don't

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 1:35 am

Apparently I have a bad habit of "stalking" people. I never thought of it that way. I do get people fixations severely, but, I usually am good at leaving them alone if they want to be left alone (or so I thought). But it is just occuring to me now that forming one's schedule and life around the object of fixation and quietly waiting for that person to leave their bag unattended so that you can rifle through it for personal information might be considered... uhm... stalking :oops: