What do differant generes of music make you think?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2009, 11:57 am

Hi, this is a strange question, what do different genres of music make you think, as for myself classical usually leads me to think up a cool building, while strange stuff with zilapones and other hippy ish instruments makes me think of something natural and rock just usually makes me think of hacking a computer... What do diferant genres make you think?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2009, 12:39 pm

I think of what was going on in my life when I first became familiar with that music. I think of where I was the first time I heard it, what people I was with. Often I'll play one genre intensely for months and then that genre gets tied to whatever was happening during those months. I think of my parents when I hear classical (specifically their favorites: Mozart, Rashmaninoff,Bach). I think of my uncle when I hear jazz and how I first got the concept of "cool" visiting his house as a child. Different rock bands are tied to different times in my life. Now I'm listening to a lot of techno from Mexico so when I phase out of that, hearing techno from Mexico will make me think of now.