Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Noxide
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Nov 2009, 10:16 pm

So lol. In an effort to meet people I put out a couple of ads on craigslist.
Do you think there might be somebody out there who would seek out to harm me?
I just wanted to meet some aspie people, and maybe and aspie girl (smile).

Also, think it's a good idea to date an aspie girl?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2009, 10:30 pm

Noxide wrote:
So lol. In an effort to meet people I put out a couple of ads on craigslist.
Do you think there might be somebody out there who would seek out to harm me?
I just wanted to meet some aspie people, and maybe and aspie girl (smile).

Also, think it's a good idea to date an aspie girl?

There are plenty of other places besides Craigslist to meet female Aspies.

Female Aspies can vary because not all of them have it to the same extent. Some have every sensory issue imaginable, others have virtually none at all. Some have astronomical sex drives, others have none at all (they're called "asexual"). Some have very rigid schedules, others are very flexible.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2009, 10:49 pm

Well... you probably shouldn't give out more than your phone number on Craigslist. There can be people who mean to take advantage of you. How good are you at spotting scams?

I don't know that specifically looking for an Aspie girl will help you. Some of us are asexual (most are not), but that's not the big problem; it's just that Asperger's doesn't define an entire person, and it's entirely possible for you to be completely incompatible with someone even if she does have autism just like yours. Then again, many Aspies report successful relationships with all sorts of neurodiverse people, or people from other countries or minority races or...etc. Apparently sharing the experience of seeing the world differently can be a real icebreaker.

I think you should probably try to find somebody who has interest similar to yours. Many friendships start like that; why not romance? Hobby clubs, that kind of thing. Above all, find somebody who is nice. I kid you not--that is the worst pitfall I've seen as I've seen people fall in love. The only surefire way of making a relationship either miserable or a failure or both is to fall in love with somebody who is not nice.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com