Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

niki
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2009, 6:03 pm

Hi everyone... I am pretty crap when it comes to writing intro's so i have been putting this off. Some of you may have noticed i have already done some posting. Before i continued i thought it best to introduce myself as i feel like a stranger on a train handing out random advice or joining into conversations in a cafe uninvited.

My name is Niki, plain and simple, no alias or nick name, i already have a Nik name :D
I am 33, i have a 10 year old son with Aspergers. He is brilliant and amazing and I cherish everyday that i get to share his diversity and approach to a mixed up world. I also have a 1 year old girl who i guess is likely to be and NT but very full on, i also love everyday i get to remember what its like to see the world through a childs eyes. Don't get me wrong I have bad days where i can be seen offering them both to strangers in the supermarket, true, but in complete jest.

I am a single mum and although at times my now deceased partner was around, i felt very much alone. which i don't mind as i prefer my own company for the most part. I also like that i can devote myself to the little people who have entrusted their lives and allowed me to be their tour guide till they can find their own way. I do get lonely but so does everyone.

I live in Geelong in victoria Australia. I didn't like being here a great deal till a week ago when i decided to live and not exist. Now it seems like a better place to be. I have discovered all these years of doing it alone that there were and are numerous support groups for families with ASD members. I don't like groups much but it seems like a good thing to try.

I often wonder if I don't fit on the spectrum. The more I read the more I relate. And if i don't well i guess I don't have many excuses for my inability to fit in. And well thats fine by me to.

I will get around to updating my profile and adding a real picture of me soon. I think its only fair that people can see who is behind the posts.

I love art and music, I don't much enjoy hollywood movies, prefering art house and independant or foreign releases. i love reading and am currently working on two books that i have been trying to write forever. The music I like is anything from blues and jazz and classical to punk and ska. Pretty much everything i do has some sense of eclectisism.

I am a natural therapist and highly sensitive and intuitive. I love cats.

For now thats me... Thanks for this great site. i have really enjoyed reading so many of the posts.
Blessings niki

Botti
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 6:30 pm

Welcome. Glad you like it here.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 6:34 pm

Hey Niki, Welcome to WrongPlanet :D ! !

I'm kinda like that when i'm introducing myself, at times I get kinda panicky when it gets to introduction..... and being a single parent with AS/HFA must of been difficult.

I also love art and I do alot of sketch which i have posted my artwork on the art and music section of the discussion.
And yes im also pretty sensitive and i love dogs :)

This site is a good retreat spot from the outside world :)

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 6:55 pm

Hi Niki, welcome to WrongPlanet!

I think it's nice that you also want to add a picture of yourself :). When reading a post I always like to know what the sender looks like.

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

niki
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2009, 7:10 pm

thanks botti, superboyian and scientist for your warm welcome..

it is a good retreat spot. As for it being difficult being a single parent of an aspie. i like to quote tony attwood... and say other people are the problem... it's being intersting, its hard some hard times but always because of other peoples influence, if the rest of the world be it family or schools were more understanding our journey would be a breeze. I have OCD and Anxiety when i get stressed so my son's quirks really just seem to flow on from that. I really do love it.. love learning from him and loving have more understanding. I don't enjoy being around parents who treat their ASD kids like they are problems or difficult, its just a new perspective and the more you understand or adapt the easier it is for our kids no matter what diversity they have.. It's all perspective.

will definately check out your art work superboyian..

thanks again for your warm welcome everyone

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Nov 2009, 7:15 pm

Hi niki - welcome to WP!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 7:25 pm

Hiya Niki,welcome to join in and talk with us on the forum! Im glad you like this site :)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 7:56 pm

“Hello,” Niki, and welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet community.

ottorocketforever
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2009, 8:52 pm

Welcome to WP! :)

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 11:48 pm

I am really sensitive, too. Almost too sensitive. I don't know what to make of it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 12:30 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2009, 1:40 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image