Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2009, 4:16 am

While I wake I tend to stare at my ceiling. I can see pulsating colors. It’s like a looping wave of a color then normal color. The wave moves from the outside to the inside in a circular shape. The color I see most is yellow, but I also see other colors. The most interesting is blue. Does anyone know what causes this? Is there a name for it?

The former things have passed away."

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 4:30 am

You would have to ask a psychiatrist. It could be synesthesia or a very mild form of a psychotic disorder, but it could be something different and completely harmless. Only a psychiatrist can say for sure.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2009, 4:43 am

The sensation feels like this. Whatever I'm looking at is bathing in whatever color is pulsating almost like color blindness with colors; or overloaded colors... like what you get after staring at the sun long enough... but with colors. I don't know if this makes any sense. :(

The former things have passed away."

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 5:17 am

This happens to me too and I think frankly, you are seeing colors that are there but are usually not perceived or noticed by others. If you read about the spectrum of light and colors you'll see.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 8:20 am

yeah, and the pulsing is from . . . your pulse! No kidding! I 'hear' my blood being pumped through my ears as high pitched 'singing'. The same thing happens when you stare at your ceiling, kx. It pulses because of your blood pumping through your eyes and yeah, I have seen those colors coalescing and changing colors, too.

my therapist doesn't think it much more than just how I process the light, visually.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 1:34 am

BLOOD PRESSURE, get your blood pressure checked ASAP, take this very serious!! !
Like was said, the pulsing is actualy your pulse, from a raise in blood pressure. Another symtom like was said is stronly hearing your heart beat, or feeling it thumping in your chest.
It is NOT any sort of psychotic disorder or hallucination or anything like that.
When you wake up in the morning (for most everybody) blood pressure usually increases suddenly, and for people with blood pressure problems this is when they are at the highest risk for a heart attack or stroke.
Pretty much your blood pressure is shooting up when you wake, causing you to see the pulsing colors, and if you jump out of bed fast, it could cause you to pass out from the blood pressure shift in your brain.
Get this checked out asap, be sure to tell the doctor everything you have in your post, and when you wake in the morning lay there for a few minutes before you get out of bed, and just get up slow and take it easy for a few more minutes till your blood pressure evens out some.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 1:46 am

sinsboldly wrote:
my therapist doesn't think it much more than just how I process the light, visually.

when you go to a therapist, they are thinking 'brain', as that is what they are trained, so that is the first thing they are going to think, what is going on in the brain to cause that. If you talk about it to a general physician, they are probably going to first think blood pressure change, because that is usualy a syptom they deal with alot and mostly it is blood pressure related. If you go to a optometrist about it they are first going to think it might be a eye disorder because that is what they are trained in looking for.
You might have a great therapist who is top notch, but I would talk to your doctor about it for the same reasons I told kxmode he should see a doctor, as most likely you have high blood pressure that could lead to a heart attack or stroke or kidney failure, blindness, etc