Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 12:29 pm

I love the show! I watch it every week. I am watching a DVD of all the past seasons.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 10:35 pm

The show is interesting to a degree, but the "extreme" nature of the characters doesnt lend much to realistic (I'd honestly be worried if that team was really searching for something in reality because i doubt their personalities would make it possible). McGee being the butt of jokes constantly is annoying, Goth chick forensic scientist who's hyped up on caffeinne wouldnt be very plausible, and a constant narcissist who's only knocked down a few notches by the "Boss" is kinda one-sided. The other characters seem a bit more plausible than the aforementioned . . . to a degree. Id say this series is more like a modern Matlock (balanced comedy/mystery) than something that deals with a serious topic.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 8:11 am

NCIS is at the top of my watch list, but mostly for the sake of simply studying people and interactions beyond the over-done slapstick and DiNozzo's obnoxious and never-ending silliness. Everybody needs a paycheck, but he should go get a real job.

Someone has said Abby actually knows the field of the role she plays, and that would explain why she is believeable.

Last night I was glad to see McGee kept his cool while dealing with a young bully. No employer should let someone be treated like he often is.

Gibbs and I drink about the same amount of coffee every day.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2010, 8:08 am

Did anyone catch NCIS episode (Patriot Down)? What a great episode! I can't wait till season finale. I hope they don't leave us fans hanging. I hope Gibbs is ok. :cry:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Xule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2010, 3:59 pm

I don't think it's great, tbh. But I do watch it for Abby... :oops: She's adoreable!

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2010, 8:28 am

Abby is cool. I would totally like her as a friend. I like Dinozza though. :oops:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2010, 10:44 am

I like parts of it. Abby :D

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 7:55 am

Did anyone catch the season finale? I was so confused!

I have questions though, but maybe it won't be answered till the season opener in 4 months!

1. How did the drug lady (Paloma Reynosa) know that Gibbs killed her father (Pedro Hernandez) if the report was held up by the lawyer lady? (Margaret Allison Hart)

2. Is Ms Hart evil? Out to get Gibbs? Why did she protect Colonel Bell? Who killed Bell? LT James Dean killed Bell and Lt Macy?

3. What exactly was in that package Gibbs took from Paloma?
4. What the heck was Tony doing alone in Mexico? Was he sent to kill Alejandro?
5. How did Mike Franks get away? Who took off his finger? Who burnt his place in Mexico?

6. Rule 51 (Sometimes, you are wrong) I was confused when Gibbs was going through that tiny box.
7. Why was Gibb's father sitting in the store when he was supposed to be staying with someone else? (Gibbs called his father and asked him if there is anywhere else he can stay)

8. I kinda knew that Alejandro Rivera was a bad person to begin with. He was very nice to Abby. How does Paloma and Alejandro know that Abby and Gibbs are close? How did the two siblings find out where Gibbs's father lives? I wonder if they even know that their father is a child killer. Their father murdered Gibbs's first wife and only daughter.

I would like to see the season opener, where either Gibbs's dad grabs his huge rifle and puts a bullet in Paloma's head. OR someone comes up from behind and kills her? Maybe Gibbs is in PA? I hope that they don't kill off his dad. I remember the season finale when Kate Todd was killed. We knew she was dead. We knew who killed her. But this season finale makes us wonder. :x

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 2:18 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
Goth chick forensic scientist who's hyped up on caffeinne wouldnt be very plausible.

And the thing is, Abby's actually an eerily accurate depiction of a gifted person. Extremely intelligent yet extremely naïve and curious, with unique tastes, who gets along better with older people and seems to be very fragile; as well as the way people treat her. I don't know if it was intentional, but they nailed it, for better or worse. Just like they nailed it with Dory's amnesia in Finding Nemo.

Unpopular opinion: I don't like McGee very much. He just seems too generic and bland for me. There are other "nerdy" characters that are way better such as Jimmy Palmer, Dorneget (I hope they make him permanent!) and Abby herself. It's not that I dislike him, it's just that he does nothing for me.