Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 11:05 am

I love NCIS. Anyone else watches it? I think it is way better than the NCIS:Los Angeles one. I did watch a few episodes of the Los Angeles one and wasn't impressed at all. No way near as good as the original. Why are there spin offs of the original anyways???

DiNozzo!! ! :oops: :oops: :oops:

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 11:09 am

I can see the attraction of it, but I find unrealistic cop shows (which is all of them) really annoying.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 11:21 am

I used to watch real cop shows like COPS, or Forensic Files, The First 48 where it's true stories. The First 48 actually shows the crime scene. It depresses me. But NCIS can sometimes be violent, but it's all made up. They always catch the bad guy too. I like Gibbs too. He's good at interrogating the person.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 12:05 pm

I watch NCIS religiously - but my favorite is Ziva. I like the Abby/McGee interactions, too. DiNozzo kind of annoys me, always stealing other people's food and keeping his mind in the gutter. I'd smack him on the back of the head myself if I could. He IS played by a really handsome actor, however.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 12:14 pm

Michael Weatherly (DiNozzo) sings on the new NCIS Soundtrack!!

It's called Bitter and Blue.
Here is the link to listen to his song.

http://ncismusic.com/

Cote de Pablo (Ziva) also sings on the NCIS Soundtrack, but Volume 1.
It's called Temptation.

Anna

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Nov 2009, 12:28 pm

I love the first four ( or five? ) seasons, but I think it's lost some of its original charm, the characters are becoming a bit auto-pilot'ish, and, like the X-Files did before them, seem to be losing the sort of impish innocent, earnest energy they had in the beginning.

I like CSI a lot too. And also don't like the spin-offs half as much.

I didn't even know that NCIS had a Los Angeles spin-off. :?

But about the first four or so seasons; I think the "team" is magic, and love watching the way they relate to each other. :)

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 1:47 pm

Did you know that Pauley Perrette, the actress who plays Abby Sciuto, actually has a master's degree in criminology, with a passion for forensic pathology? I understand she has been known to correct the writers from time to time, when they make a major mistake in forensics. (Smart, pretty, and a goth - what could be better?) :)

Ouinon, I gather that you don't live in the US, which would explain why you hadn't heard about NCIS: Los Angeles - it's a brand-new show, just started a few weeks ago, and is probably only available overseas by BitTorrent (not that I'd know about such shenanigans!). It is kind of impressive in that they make it look as "futuristic" as CSI: Miami, while restricting themselves to actual existing commercial technology (the two massive wall displays, for instance, are Microsoft Table surfaces, mounted on walls instead of tables). On the other hand, most of the characters, with the exception of local director Hetty Lange, are rather cardboard - the techie, the ex-SEAL, the rogue with a secret, etc.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 2:29 pm

What I don't like about the shows are often the characters. They pick interesting...if not eccentric...people to play the roles, but in real life, most people in a situation like NCIS are incredibly normal and non-dramatic.

I feel it gives a bad impression to people with AS because we get hope that someone unique would do well, but the portrayed environment is pure fiction.

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2009, 2:47 pm

I love NCIS! Mostly like Abby took a test abut her on myspace and got a 100% :D

JamesTheCat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Nov 2009, 3:09 pm

I love NCIS! I find it has more of a personality than most cop/forensic shows like CSI, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. I love the chemistry between all the characters. McGee, Abby and Ducky are my favorites!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 7:12 am

I've been a fan of NCIS since it's beginnings :D. Actually the show is a spin-off itself I believe, a spin-off of JAG (IIRC Gibbs and Dinozzo were in a JAG episode, and one or two JAG characters made multiple appearances in the first season of NCIS). The first four seasons were great, but five and six seemed to be...I dunno...not as good writing wise. It seems to have gotten it's old charm back for season seven though :).

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 8:23 am

I would have to say that the episode this week (Power Down) wasn't that great. So far this is the only episode that I found not interesting at all.

Anna

asar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2009, 10:33 am

yeah, ok, let me Gibb slap everyone! :D Excellent. Though the new take off series is blahhh...only watch if nothing else is on.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2009, 7:09 pm

it rocks

Tigg
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Dec 2009, 1:34 pm

Very much so. Love the dysfunctionality of the "family". And Abby. LOVE Abby.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 10:30 pm

It's great, except I liked Kate more than Ziva, ziva still pwns but not that much :) However go Gibbs!.

I also liked CSI, that was before the 'Who the hell are all these characters?' season though.