Thread for anti-christianity/christianity bashing in general

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2006, 9:10 pm

Laz wrote:
If you people want to bash christians then please consider an investment in a lion and maybe a vocational qualification in carpentry and a nice green hill on golgotha

Please explain further.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 1:24 am

Serissa wrote:

SIC EM!! !! !

Not to be morbid

*whip* Down, boy! Down, Simba!

No, no wait! *crunch* Aaaarhhh!

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 10:37 am

Although I myself am no longer a Christian, I would not 'bash' anyone intentionally for being one. In fact I think its good to have faith in something as it can give you something to really live for but Christianity doesnt do it for me. I was a Christian between the ages of 12-16 and then I started to take a look around at the other so called Christians that entered the church I went to. I got the distinct impression that many people in that place felt that Sunday was for Christianity between the times of 10:30am-12:30pm and that every other time, screw it. So why did they bother? Not only that, I actually saw all the crap and the good going on around me in the world and thought that God doesnt control this, but mother nature does, then I stopped believing. If I wanted to believe again anyway (which I wouldnt) I am way beyond redemption and explained this fact to a very shocked mormon (fakeass Christians) a couple of months ago.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 12:22 am

Fiz wrote: fakeass Christians

That's cute. Shall we open a thread for gay-bashing next? or will we be arrested for hate crimes?

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 2:52 am

Tekneek wrote:
I think some of you don't understand the difference between questioning a religion and bashing it. They are not the same thing.

Not all questions are created equal. You can bash with rhetorical questions just as easily as you can with invective speech. It just takes more creativity.

As a libertarian, I believe the statement that "your right to throw a punch ends where my nose begins" can and should be applied to religion as well. I don't think religion is inherently stupid or evil, nor do I think that religious people are all crazy (although some clearly are). I just wish it was kept private, and that people who have religious beliefs would stop trying to impose them on the rest of us. I don't care if you think I'm a sinner. I don't want to you tell me I'm sinning, and I sure as heck don't want to have my government basing its laws on the advice of people who are unable to face reality.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 2:55 am

Bland wrote:
Fiz wrote: fakeass Christians

That's cute. Shall we open a thread for gay-bashing next? or will we be arrested for hate crimes?

We already had one: http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.html?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4181
It started out pretty civil, but got quite heated for a dozen or more pages.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 12:58 am

I was only joking around and the words "fakeass Christians" really did strike me as funny.