Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DirkWillems
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2010, 11:32 pm

ouinon wrote:
When I was 26 I had had sex with 20 people, ( and I've had sex with another 14 or 15 people since ).

From age 18 to 29 I got drunk a lot, because it helped me socially, and I spent a lot of energy on a socially successful performance, ( without even realising that I did ), had studied painstakingly how to dress, the gestures and smiles etc that worked, was attractive, and used to go to bed with almost anyone who had the nerve to ask me, because I actually had almost no sex drive at all, and didn't know what sexual attraction, ( as opposed to attraction to someone's conversation/ideas etc ), felt like.

A supposed friend warned me at uni that if I wasn't careful I'd make a name for myself, but I realised long afterwards that she was jealous. I wasn't showing off, or "whoring", ( which is doing it for money ), but just doing what I thought I was supposed to do. And yes, it may have had something to do with the fact I went to bed with guys as soon as they wanted to, and relationships rarely lasted more than a few weeks, or even days, after that.

I have since discovered what sexual excitement and attraction feels like, and it has actually made me less inclined to go to bed with people. The last 11 years I've been to bed with only one person, and that was only for a year or so.

Am curious; do you find that you tend to ( first ) go to bed with people when you have been drinking or when completely sober?

Just out of curiosity, I really have a hard time understanding this perspective people have of going through with having sex with 40 people. Maybe you can explain that to me. I am a male and cannot understand this perspective at all. If I had even had numerous opportunities to have sex, the vast majority I would have rejected as a matter of moral turpitude. There are only 5 or so women I would have ever seriously considered having sex with in my entire life. I am more wrapped up in the day-to-day events in life than having sex in relationships. I would be happy just reading the morning paper or having a beer. I was huge pothead in school and did everything I got my hands on. Women are useless when sex is being offered. I'd rather have a cool woman friend who enjoys going to the bar and drinking until we're stumbling around than anyone to have sex with. I think Dave Chapelle was talking about black and white potheads and how the blacks get uppity and do whatever they do and the whites just sit back and talk about times they smoked weed before. I'd rather look back on life and instead of saying "yeah i [] this one chick" I'd rather be like, "Remember that time we got so drunk and then got arrested? Yeah I just passed out in my cell and took a nap."

What do you call this if anything?

EDIT: Basically I'd like a woman who acts like a man and is content with sitting around drinking and blowing stuff up.

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2010, 3:45 am

Zero. I AM surprised. I though Aspies were a bunch of virgins who can't find partners as they're shy and undesirable. Or is that virginal trait more common among the intellectual nerdy ones? Fortunately the person I'm with is the decent sort. So far we've taken things very slowly.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 9:29 am

Villette wrote:
Zero. I AM surprised. I though Aspies were a bunch of virgins who can't find partners as they're shy and undesirable. Or is that virginal trait more common among the intellectual nerdy ones? Fortunately the person I'm with is the decent sort. So far we've taken things very slowly.

The experiences of women are different then the experiences of men with ASD. Manifestations can vary quite a bit and it is not a good idea to generalize.

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 10:30 am

Not to de-rail the thread, but plenty of AS men can find partners. This forum, in my experience, is not a realistic representation of the experience of AS men in relationships/sex.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 11:14 am

Hey, isn´t it supposed to be a thread for and about women? Why would it/should it portray men accurately? What do we know about men anyway? :lol:

caissa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2010, 9:22 pm

I have a ragingly high sex drive. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with AS... my instinct is "yes" as it is an obsession of sorts. That being said I don't think I would go in the category of promiscuous. I have always been very careful and picky about whom I get involved with, and once I find the right person, he becomes my obsessive special interest and I hang onto him as long as possible. So while I am highly sexual the number of men I've been with isn't too many (at least, I don't think so! lol).

alana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 4:16 am

I know this thread is old but I disagree with the notion of 'whore' meaning someone who sleeps with people before marrying because that whole concept originated soley for one reason, to ensure paternity, now that we have DNA testing we can let that one go completely, no one has to raise or support anyone else's kid.

I think my number is about 15. I would like to increase it before I die, at least by one, but it's looking bleak.

tinmaiden
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2010, 4:57 pm

I lost my virginity about a year ago, at the age of 20, and I like sex all right. As far as promiscuity is concerned, I know that I've been accused of "leading people on," just because I can't tell when they're flirting with me, and often, I apparently give the impression that I'm flirting with them when I just intend to be nice. I've had a lot of people angry at me because I was sending "mixed signals", and I broke up with the first guy I had sex just a few months after the fact because I honestly felt NOTHING. He called me all sorts of nasty things.

-Fyodor Dostoevsky

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 8:50 am

I'm a very modest and innocent woman. I have better things to do, than take part in such activities.

Boomshika
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2010, 5:32 pm

btw Magnus, that video was hilarious! that guy had me lmao! :lmao:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

I guess the fact of the matter, is that I'm very innocent, for my age.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 6:09 am

I lost my virginity at almost 16 and didn't really care much. I've been with 7 or 8 people total but mind you, never more than 2 at a time :wink: . Some of the higher numbers sound fun, though :)

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 5:30 pm

I'm not "promiscuous..." I haven't exactly lost my virginity. I have one partner and I think I overwhelm him with my...fixations. I'll leave it at that. :lol:

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 12:47 pm

All the labels like "slut" and "prude" really bother me. They're so subjective, anyway. I've been called both of them, which would seem to be a logical impossibility.

My sexuality got all out of whack after my divorce five years ago. I became what I would consider rather promiscuous, partly out of retribution for what my husband did and partly because I felt like a total loser and sex was a way to have a "relationship" with men without having to actually maintain those relationships.

That period lasted a year or two before the pendulum swung back more or less to normal. Now I'm active sexually, but certainly not like I was during my "promiscuous period".

I mention this because I think it's fairly common for women to go through something like that after major relationship ordeals, like a divorce. It's easy to fall into the trap of using sex to fill the relationship void.

I'm not suggesting that "abnormal" amounts of sexual activity is necessarily pathological. We are free to have as much sex or as little as we feel like. I just mean that we should be aware of it if we're going through a traumatic time, and it sure as hell doesn't mean we're sluts.

As for the number of sex partners I've had ... it ain't nobody's business. More than two, less than a hundred ... lol

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 5:03 pm

it more depends on your past experience, how comfortable you feel with your body, your family upbringing, sex drive which can be killed with medications etc.

Number of fully consensual partners i've had (and wanted to be with): 1.

It really depends on the sexual partner too.

From my past experiences with several men, i am perfectly happy and much more comfortable using a vibrator, which I love and use about once a week.

I don't think its an aspergers condition.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

28 Jul 2010, 10:45 am

20 by 18, 23 by age 22.

I'm really asexual. I think I just liked feeling "wanted", if only for a brief time.