What is it like to have Asperger syndrome

Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Melantha
Toucan
Toucan

11 Feb 2007, 4:40 pm

Hazelwudi wrote:
How it sounds is irrelevant, it's just the truth.

Now, it doesn't mean that I am cruel, murderous, or sadistic... I would no more randomly take after one with a chainsaw than I would randomly cut down trees with a chainsaw. It is still a living thing, and has done nothing deserving of death. When it comes to dealing with people I am not close to, a code of honor substitutes for the empathy I simply don't have towards them. Good job I've got one, eh? 8)

However, when the opportunity arises to satisfy my curiosity regarding humans in general or this human in particular, and can be exercised without causing damage to the organism or undue inconvenience to myself, I most assuredly will move to satisfy that curiosity. lol

Hehe. Well, with that clarification, I can now say I identify with your entire post. :)

Cowboy75
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Feb 2007, 12:00 pm

nutbag wrote:
In third grade (early 1960s) my class had a finger painting project. I used earthen hues and grays to create a multipanel cartoon. I entitled this cartoon "Moofy the Mooney" after its main character. through several panels Moofy wandered through a typical thrid grader's life. the children were very poorly drawn - one can draw only what one sees. Moofey was a tall, gangly, geeky, sexless outlander. Moofy takes part in none of the children's activities. As i looked at this, my own effort, a few years ago I determined that Moofy would like to go home, but knows not where that home might be.

Now I am 53 and use my skills to design buildings. i sit before my compy's screen most of the time, and generally cringe at the meeting of clients. and I have a terrible time presenting them with my billings at the job's conclusion.

Still Moofy after all these years.

I made scaled plans of our grade school building (about 53 rooms) in the fourth grade. They hung in the lobby of the school for years. I guess they figured every fourth grader could do that. I became a mechanical engineer, and now getting my elementary ed certificate. Kinda funny how that works?

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2007, 6:34 pm

Being an Aspie feels like being the last kid picked for the schoolyard baseball game, only now you're approaching middle age, and instead of baseball, it's careers and women.