student needs adolescents with AS for research project...

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

mali
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2006, 12:32 pm

Hi! I'm a graduate Art Therapy student writing her thesis on digital imagery as an effective therapeutic tool with adolescents diagnosed with AS. I need 5 brave souls (m/f ages 13-17) to help me with my research. This should be enjoyable and done at your own pace. A $25 gift certificate will be given as compensation for your time. Parents or legal guardians will have to sign a consent form. For questions you can email me at [email protected]

Here is the project:

If you were any animal, real or factitious, what would it be? Create an image to reflect the vision that comes to mind. It can be abstract or realistic When you are done, look at your image and answer these following questions:

1) Where does this creature live?
2) What does it eat?
3) Who is its family?
4) Who are its friends?
5) How does it interact with humans?
6) How does it protect itself from danger?
7) How does it feel to be this creature?

Answers can be brief or in great detail; it’s up to you. There is no time limit.

Technicalities:

Use a 2D digital imaging program of your choice (Photoshop is encouraged because of it’s unlimited capabilities) on either a Macintosh Apple or PC.
This image may include scanned images and/or digital photographs.

After you email me your answers and the attached image, I will ask you a few questions regarding your experience of this exercise. Have fun!