At what age did you lose your virginity?

Page 9 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

What age
Under 14 7%  7%  [ 20 ]
14-16 10%  10%  [ 28 ]
16-18 19%  19%  [ 57 ]
18-20 21%  21%  [ 63 ]
20-22 13%  13%  [ 39 ]
22-24 10%  10%  [ 28 ]
24-26 6%  6%  [ 17 ]
26-28 4%  4%  [ 11 ]
Above 28 11%  11%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 294

ColaBear
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Sep 2011, 5:44 pm

26, or maybe 25. Have always wondered if I was in the minority, not being able to remember when or any details about it.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
15. Me and a couple friends were hanging out with a couple girls who (how do I say they were kinda skanky without sounding like a dick?) had bad reputations (not that I cared in the least bit, and if they were skanky then, by extension, so was I). We were talking about sex, and I was the only guy who admitted not having done it yet. One of them said "Want to?" She'd never been with a virgin before, wanted to give it a shot.

I believed the other guys about their experience at the time. Now, looking back at it, I'm pretty sure that they were lying.

so i know that you were trying to put it nicely, but this reallllllly nicely illustrates why a lot of women would not be keen on pandabear's idea of providing pity sex or just sleeping with a guy to take care of his virginity like that girl did for you...

yes, you said that you were also technically skanky, but nobody cares if a guy is skanky. i don't want to sound all 1950s here, but a girl who sleeps around with whoever she feels like, whenever she fells like, gets labeled in a negative way. a guy who does that gets labeled in a positive way (MOST of the time).

not attacking you, just pointing out that your post is a very good illustration of ONE reason why it can be hard for a guy to convince a girl to have sex with no strings attached... it follows her around like a bad smell and people tend not to respect her. i would like this to change, but as long as we keep labeling girls as "skanky" or "slu*ty" or "easy", it's not going to happen (it'll take more than changing the words to change the attitudes of course, as it's just a symptom of a bigger problem).

I accept everything you say, so long as you accept that I believe that anyone can be skanky.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

mds_02 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
15. Me and a couple friends were hanging out with a couple girls who (how do I say they were kinda skanky without sounding like a dick?) had bad reputations (not that I cared in the least bit, and if they were skanky then, by extension, so was I). We were talking about sex, and I was the only guy who admitted not having done it yet. One of them said "Want to?" She'd never been with a virgin before, wanted to give it a shot.

I believed the other guys about their experience at the time. Now, looking back at it, I'm pretty sure that they were lying.

so i know that you were trying to put it nicely, but this reallllllly nicely illustrates why a lot of women would not be keen on pandabear's idea of providing pity sex or just sleeping with a guy to take care of his virginity like that girl did for you...

yes, you said that you were also technically skanky, but nobody cares if a guy is skanky. i don't want to sound all 1950s here, but a girl who sleeps around with whoever she feels like, whenever she fells like, gets labeled in a negative way. a guy who does that gets labeled in a positive way (MOST of the time).

not attacking you, just pointing out that your post is a very good illustration of ONE reason why it can be hard for a guy to convince a girl to have sex with no strings attached... it follows her around like a bad smell and people tend not to respect her. i would like this to change, but as long as we keep labeling girls as "skanky" or "slu*ty" or "easy", it's not going to happen (it'll take more than changing the words to change the attitudes of course, as it's just a symptom of a bigger problem).

I accept everything you say, so long as you accept that I believe that anyone can be skanky.

sure but there's a better option - don't consider anyone skanky. accept that people make sexual choices for their own reasons and don't feel it is necessary to judge anyone (including yourself).

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

sure but there's a better option - don't consider anyone skanky. accept that people make sexual choices for their own reasons and don't feel it is necessary to judge anyone (including yourself).

THIS. I think people should be able to sleep with as many or as few people as they like. There's nothing wrong with being a person who enjoys sex and does it more frequently than other people. May as well judge people for being avid movie goers versus book readers. It's just a personal preference thing, why should there be prejudice involved in it.

Myself - haven't had intercourse yet because I simply haven't been in a position where I've wanted to.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 1:43 am

hyperlexian wrote:

This is more of an aside, I'm not trying to start an argument (you're one of the smarter nicer people I've noticed here, I don't want any animosity).

I think your response would be exactly the same as what you just posted above, in fact. And it's a very valid one. Though do tell me if I'm mistaken about that.

Don't women call men who sleep around "players" and make it clear that they are not someone you want to end up with? I fail to see how this is significantly different than men who say similar about women who sleep around. The only difference I see is that men judge other men that get a lot of sex less harshly than women judge other women who do the same. It is hardly men's fault that women are so judgemental of each other.

I don't look down on people who have lots of sex. I do however lose respect for people who are doing it for the wrong reasons, no matter how many or few partners they may have had. This has included myself at times, don't think for a second that I consider myself innocent of what I'm talking about here. But many people have sex to feel accepted by someone who's only using them, or to fit in with friends. A lot of people (guys especially) will go out and get laid just to prove that they can, with no regard for the hurt feelings of partners who thought they were more than just an hour's worth of fun.

This girl thought sex made her cool, that's why she did it. I thought sex would make me cool, that's why I did it. Well, that and the sex, but it was fitting in that I was more concerned about. So I consider us both skanky, in that moment.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 10:13 pm

I am ashamed to admit that I am still a virgin at 25.8 years old. I kissed a girl once in a relationship that lasted for about an hour about four years ago and this year I've been on two dates that didn't result in follow up dates. I've been on dating sites for two years but have only gotten dates this year. Most of the time if I talk to a girl on a dating site it's because she contacted me. Most of the time when I contact a girl on a dating site I get rejected instantly but I keep going because I figure I have to spam 100 girls to get a date and I have to date 100 girls to be in a relationship. I get about two dates a year so I should be done by the time I'm 75. I've made so many bad choices in my life. Before I dropped out of college there was a girl I got on really well with. She liked me but I don't think she saw me that way and I backed of when she mentioned off hand that she didn't want a boyfriend. Maybe I should've asked her out anyway.

In high school there was this Chinese girl who I'm sure liked me because she brightly said hi to me every time when met in the hall even though we didn't currently share any classes (did in the past). I should've asked her out but at the time I had no idea it meant anything. I found out another girl liked me so I waited for something to happen. Stupid! I'm the guy, I should be the one to start things off. That's the rules. Exception to the rules. A couple of other times in high school girls actually did ask me out but at the time I too nervous so not only did I reject them but I called them ugly when they weren't. Maybe now I'm 25 I'm ready for dating but my problem is that my maturity level has always been about two thirds of my age. This is true of both my career (if you can call it that) and my dating. On some days I really hate myself. Many of the aspies on this site do better than me at dating and I'm sure almost all of them have better jobs than me. I'm tired of hearing about people younger then me having better jobs and better love lives. Maybe if I hadn't dropped out college I'd at least have a descent job but I got burnout. When I get my birth certificate I'll apply to Pizza Hut as a driver because even that would be better than the job I've got now. When I've paid of my debts I'll have to go to a brothel. I wonder why I didn't do that the moment I turned 18.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 10:15 pm

Whoops! I just noticed the date. Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Aug 2013, 4:36 pm

I will lose my virginity when I die, since my buried body will merge with the woman next to me.