Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2009, 7:23 pm

I sure do sometimes :\

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2009, 8:16 pm

I'd doubt that there are many people here who didn't..

Elementary school and middle school were especially bad. High school was slightly better.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2009, 10:06 pm

Of course I do. Ive always been disconnected from my classmates. I am more apt to form a friendship with a teacher then a student... People always say "Oh. She's just the cool, weird, quiet, Art chick" But they pretty much leave me alone, and I leave them alone.
I do long for friendships, but I have a hard time making and keeping friends. I was in a relationship for a year but ended it because I couldn't love him back (Not saying I can't love, because that is an awful Aspie myth).

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2009, 11:22 pm

Maggiedoll wrote:
I'd doubt that there are many people here who didn't..
true that

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

04 Dec 2009, 12:25 am

Well, I'm going back to school right now and I'm older. 28 actually. Maybe the age difference is what makes it hard, since everyone there probably knows people from their high school. I spend a lot time in the library. I'm sure everyone who works there knows my face by now. There's a group of people I hang out with in the cafeteria sometimes, but I'm not too excited about them since I don't like Magic the Gathering. They're okay though. It's just tough to get to know people.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 12:27 am

Elementary_Physics wrote:
Ive always been disconnected from my classmates. I am more apt to form a friendship with a teacher then a student...

I was the same way. I always thought (and still do think) my peers are immature and superficial. Teachers/adults are not, so it's way easier to form a relationship with them. I want absolutely nothing to do with my peers.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 4:42 am

School?

Let's try LIFE. :cry:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 1:03 pm

How can one feel like a loner when they're always in their own little world?

I used to feel like a loner. Now, it's the responsibilies and my somewhat social life outside of school that gets me through. And my own little world, too. :lol:

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 2:43 pm

MathGirl wrote:
How can one feel like a loner when they're always in their own little world?

I used to feel like a loner. Now, it's the responsibilies and my somewhat social life outside of school that gets me through. And my own little world, too. :lol:

I used to always be in my own little world but realized that is not good for me cause I tend to not get productive and get things done when I'm like that. Now that I'm in my own little world less, I feel more lonely.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 6:05 pm

I'm very isolated at school. I'm too shy to make contact. :(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 1:19 pm

I know this thread is 2 years old but I've found this thread today and I want to post something, because I can relate.

About 70 percent of the time I felt lonely at school. At the Junior School, I used to always be playing with other children, and hardly ever felt lonely. But at the High School, I did become very lonely. I used to stand in a group of girls from my class at break time and lunch time, but I got so bored because I could tell they didn't want me there, so I gave up in the end. I used to be like a lost soul, and I had no choice but to be my own best friend. That's what it had to come to, otherwise I would have just committed suicide. When you're an adolescent, having no friends is really horrible, especially when all your cousins around you are starting to go off and spend time with their friends, and you're just left being close to your youngest cousin who was about 5 years old, simply because he wasn't out and about with mates yet.

Now I have much more friends, and I am popular at work, and I do social activities with them, like bowling and going to the pictures and having meals out and shopping. My friends are all older than me, like in their 30s and 40s, but they are still friends, and they don't judge me against my odd ways.

But I don't get it. I read somewhere that people on the spectrum are ''socially immature'', but how come they get on better with older people, if they are socially immature?