Page 1 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Are you a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) according to this test?
No 14%  14%  [ 20 ]
Yes 86%  86%  [ 123 ]
Total votes : 143

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 6:20 pm

If you like taking tests, here's another one: the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) test (Aron, 1996).
In her national bestseller, 'The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You', author Elaine Aron defines a distinct personality trait that affects as many as one out of every five people. According to Dr. Aron's definition, the Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) has a sensitive nervous system, is aware of subtleties in his/her surroundings, and is more easily overwhelmed when in a highly stimulating environment.
After numerous in-depth interviews, as well as surveys of over one thousand people, Dr. Aron's findings have been published in Counseling Today, Counseling and Human Development, and the prestigious Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Scientific research is still being done on this personality trait, also called Sensory-Processing Sensitivity (SPS). Recent findings by Minshew & Hobson (2008), from a study in which HFA / AS people and controls (NTs) administered Aron's HSP questionnaire, support the common occurrence of sensory symptoms in HFA / AS based on first person report.

Scoring:
If you answered more than fourteen of the questions as true of yourself, you are probably highly sensitive. Note: no psychological test is so accurate that an individual should base his or her life on it. Psychologists try to develop good questions, then decide on the cut off based on the average response.
If fewer questions are true of you, but extremely true, that might also justify calling you highly sensitive.

Here's the test: HSP test

I scored 21 => HSP :)

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 6:33 pm

Self Test Score

You have indicated that 26 of the items are true of you.

Scoring:
If you answered more than fourteen of the questions as true of yourself, you are probably highly sensitive. But no psychological test is so accurate that an individual should base his or her life on it. We psychologists try to develop good questions, then decide on the cut off based on the average response.

If fewer questions are true of you, but extremely true, that might also justify calling you highly sensitive.

tektek
Bronze Supporter
Bronze Supporter

05 Dec 2009, 6:35 pm

i fall into the category of being a highly sensitive person... i guess it goes with the territory :lol:

Quote:
You have indicated that 19 of the items are true of you.

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 6:36 pm

22 - This one does not surprise me, at all.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 6:39 pm

Self-Test Results

You have indicated that 18 of the items are true of you.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 6:59 pm

That test really stressed me out for some reason. I guess just thinking about all those things all at once sends me into massive nervous system overload.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 7:12 pm

Meadow wrote:

That test really stressed me out for some reason. I guess just thinking about all those things all at once sends me into massive nervous system overload.

:lmao: (If that wasn't intended to be funny, I'm laughing 'with' you, not 'at' you.)

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 7:30 pm

Laugh if you want to but I have PTSD and believe me, the two problems together isn't easy to deal with.

:lol:

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 7:33 pm

But I"m glad you got a good chuckle. That always helps.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 7:34 pm

24, so I am a HSP.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 7:52 pm

I'm Highly Sensitive, as well. (21 yeses)

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 8:02 pm

You have indicated that 23 of the items are true of you.

Scoring:
If you answered more than fourteen of the questions as true of yourself, you are probably highly sensitive. But no psychological test is so accurate that an individual should base his or her life on it. We psychologists try to develop good questions, then decide on the cut off based on the average response.

If fewer questions are true of you, but extremely true, that might also justify calling you highly sensitive
Its not fair why why why :(

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 8:07 pm

elderwanda wrote:
Meadow wrote:

:lmao: (If that wasn't intended to be funny, I'm laughing 'with' you, not 'at' you.)

Hehe, maybe they could deliberately make it a sort of self-referential test -- i.e. print it on sandpaper (florescent colored!), and ask "does this test make you want to scream, cry, or hit something?" "do you have feelings of hostility toward the designer of this test?" "if you could either swallow cyanide, or continue taking test, which would you choose?" :wink: :lol: (also not meaning this as laughing 'at')

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 8:35 pm

16, I would say I'm only highly sensitive when I'm having a bad day or really overwhelmed though.

MinorAnnoyance
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2009, 8:53 pm

Quote:
I make a point to avoid violent movies and TV shows.
Not exactly true as it is written, but I do watch the more "light hearted" crime shows like Bones, Numbers, and Castle and have stopped watching the CSI's because they're kind of a bring down, and that's a lot of murders to see every week. Law and Order: SVU strikes me as especially depressing.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 8:59 pm

I got 24.