Page 5 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are you a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) according to this test?
No 14%  14%  [ 20 ]
Yes 86%  86%  [ 123 ]
Total votes : 143

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2010, 12:24 pm

I scored 21, I've always been a Highly Sensitive Person. I remeber in school, the cafeteria was just always to noisy for me. In elementary school, I would cover my ears, or wear ear plugs. A lot times I would eat in the school room with other students sensitive to noise, and hearing impaired students. At recess I would play with by myself or a few kids at a time. I middle school I hated the cafeteria, to noisy and bullies picked on me. I was allowed to eat in a school room, with others who had it written in their ieps. In high school I would eat in halls, or other areas were you could eat. In Senior high school we had off campus lunch. I would eat in areas that weren't noisy or walk to my friend's house or go out to eat.

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 12:31 pm

You have indicated that 24 of the items are true of you.

Scoring:
If you answered more than fourteen of the questions as true of yourself, you are probably highly sensitive. But no psychological test is so accurate that an individual should base his or her life on it. We psychologists try to develop good questions, then decide on the cut off based on the average response.

If fewer questions are true of you, but extremely true, that might also justify calling you highly sensitive.

But I knew that. :P

Like right now when the door bell raaaaang. Scares the crap out of me every time. Unexpected people and loud noises. They do not mix well! xD

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 1:30 pm

Seems to me that there are different ways to be "sensitive", and only some of them are true of me; for example, I don't pick up other people's emotions, I don't avoid violent movies/video games, and I don't have a huge problem with having a lot of work to do (though I do have problems organizing myself well enough to attack it properly). I'm not in general an anxious person; things just tend to overload my circuits more easily than most people's.

I think this little survey is asking a lot of questions in areas that are only weakly related.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

I've scored 27, this time. I really am a sensitive brown-eyed Cockney. I come pretty close, to Mick Avory. :razz:

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 9:24 pm

Callista wrote:

Seems to me that there are different ways to be "sensitive", and only some of them are true of me; for example, I don't pick up other people's emotions, I don't avoid violent movies/video games, and I don't have a huge problem with having a lot of work to do (though I do have problems organizing myself well enough to attack it properly). I'm not in general an anxious person; things just tend to overload my circuits more easily than most people's.

I think this little survey is asking a lot of questions in areas that are only weakly related.
I agree. I think the test is not that great. It basically asks "Are you sensitive?" and if you answer yes, then the results come back that you are sensitive. :)

I also agree there are different ways to be sensitive. And I think I've just had an epiphany of sorts. I realized that my main problem with coping in life is that am extremely sensitive emotionally and I don't have any means to cope with it. I used to think that I was overly fearful, but I realize now that I am right to be fearful, because when I have a serious setback (serious to me, that is, since it could be something that someone else would just sail through), something that upsets me greatly, then I don't ever bounce back from it. The older I get, the more open wounds I've accumulated, that never heal.

The conventional wisdom is that whatever happens to you makes you stronger, so you can cope with it better the next time, but my experience has been that whatever happens, it makes me more afraid, and the next time something happens my ability to cope is worse, not better.

And I am someone who has been fortunate enough to have never suffered any tragedies or abuse, only garden-variety pain and suffering, and yet these mundane setbacks have left me crushed.

ale
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2010, 9:56 pm

You have indicated that 18 of the items are true of you.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 1:36 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Self Test Score

You have indicated that 26 of the items are true of you.

Scoring:
If you answered more than fourteen of the questions as true of yourself, you are probably highly sensitive. But no psychological test is so accurate that an individual should base his or her life on it. We psychologists try to develop good questions, then decide on the cut off based on the average response.

If fewer questions are true of you, but extremely true, that might also justify calling you highly sensitive.

Same here!

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 1:57 pm

I got a nice even 22.

ale

06 Sep 2010, 4:32 pm

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 4:54 pm

I'm sensitive to light, warmth and smells, but not to sounds and pain. I'm not emotional and I can watch violent movies.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 12:31 pm

I scored 19.
I have been told that I am oversensitive, which never offends me because I know that I am oversensitive. I worry too much of what other people think of me, and whether they're judging me or laughing at me behind my back. I have actually found out that others have been laughing at me before, so it is true. I'd rather be moaned about than laughed about.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 2:24 pm

I scored 21. I'm easily overwhelmed by sensory stimuli and lots of things happening at once, and I'm extremely introverted. But I'm not good at sensing things about other people.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 5:20 pm

I scored 12 but then there were a few that were partially true, so that would probably up my score to roughly 14. I guess that makes me borderline highly sensative. Sensory wise Im only mildly sensative to sound. Meanwhile my sense of smell is desensatized so I cant detect a lot of smells that other people can.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 5:25 pm

I scored a 19. I do not think that is right. I don't think that I am highly sensitive.

Arian
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2011, 5:34 pm

24, which I'm sorry to say is right :lol: . I even jump when my watch alarm goes off!

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 6:23 pm

I scored 24 too. I remember doing this test more than once in the last year and got between 22 and 26.
They seem to be asking you the same thing over and over again though. I know that in all quizzes there are questions which are rephrased but being asked 4 or 5 times whether you are upset by too much going is exactly too much.