Page 6 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are you a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) according to this test?
No 14%  14%  [ 20 ]
Yes 86%  86%  [ 123 ]
Total votes : 143

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 6:23 pm

I scored 24 too. I remember doing this test more than once in the last year and got between 22 and 26.
They seem to be asking you the same thing over and over again though. I know that in all quizzes there are questions which are rephrased but being asked 4 or 5 times whether you are upset by too much going is exactly too much.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 7:30 pm

NOT A DOCTOR

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 9:48 pm

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 9:56 pm

24, this time. I think there's too much overlap between HSP, introversion, Social Anxiety Disorder and AS tests to be just coincidence. I think there's some relationship between all of these personalities/disorders that may underlie some underlying cognitive overlap. There was a good paper discussing this.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2011, 1:10 am

The only one I didn't check was the one about pain. It didn't specify what kinds of pain. I can tolerate most physical pain well. My ears are very sensitive, though, and I can't handle too much noise or too much cold wind.

Ovid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2011, 10:01 am

I scored 20, so I qualify.

I have never been diagnosed with autism or Asperger's, but I've often been described as a bit of a loner and a solitary thinker. My younger son, however, is "severely" autistic.

Now that I qualify, what do I do?

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 12:35 pm

I got 9/24. i guess im not highly sensitive? haha

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2011, 3:06 pm

24 but doesn't surprise me at all. First took that test several years ago when I was first trying to figure out what was really 'wrong' with me

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 4:22 pm

I'm only oversensitive to sound. But I thought this thread meant ''sensitive'', as in sensitive emotions. (I'm more sensitive as in emotions than I am to sound, I think.)

Dansercoer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2014, 5:49 am

Hi all, my therapist - a doctoral student in existential psychotherapy and counselling psychology - told me I have autistic traits, so I took the AQ test and scored 34 (33 is the cut off for autism, 26 for Asperger’s). Yet, I also scored 26 on the HSP test.

“In brief, you can best sort out sensitivity from ASDs by keeping in mind two differences. First, social perception--HSPs are generally more skilled at observing what's going on in a social situation, even when they are not joining in. Second, HSPs have intense imaginations and varied interests rather than narrow preoccupations.” - Elaine Aron in Comfort Zone, August 2009

I personally feel highly sensitive, and this therapist is the first person to link me with the autism spectrum, but how to get round subjectivity and childhood amnesia? Which professionals should I get a second and third opinion from? What to read?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 6:11 am

I ticked 20, which means I am an oversensitive person. I couldn't find the button to score it properly, it seemed to just want me to score it myself.

Quote:
When I must compete or be observed while performing a task, I become so nervous or shaky that I do much worse than I would otherwise.

This one describes me the most. It is also true with questions. Like I can read body language without no trouble, but if I was to be tested on how good my non-verbal social cues skills are, I'd clam up and get all the answers wrong.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2014, 6:38 am

I ticked 20 but to some I don't relate at all.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 10:39 am

Dansercoer wrote:
“In brief, you can best sort out sensitivity from ASDs by keeping in mind two differences. First, social perception--HSPs are generally more skilled at observing what's going on in a social situation, even when they are not joining in. Second, HSPs have intense imaginations and varied interests rather than narrow preoccupations.” - Elaine Aron in Comfort Zone, August 2009

Thanks for this quote – to me that seems to be a huge difference. I score high on the HSP test too, but the key questions I didn't relate to concerned feeling empathy, and being aware of other people's emotions.

Dansercoer, I'd recommend trying to find someone in your area who specializes in autism screening (maybe do a Google search? That's how I did it, and it worked out well!)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 1:16 pm

Quote:
In brief, you can best sort out sensitivity from ASDs by keeping in mind two differences. First, social perception--HSPs are generally more skilled at observing what's going on in a social situation, even when they are not joining in. Second, HSPs have intense imaginations and varied interests rather than narrow preoccupations.” - Elaine Aron in Comfort Zone, August 2009

But that describes me perfectly well.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 8:23 pm

I scored 20 in this test, which makes me a highly sensitive person. For example, I am sensitive to loud noises, and tend to get startled upon hearing said noise.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 5:27 am