Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2009, 11:27 pm

I saw this today with my brothers. It's not the game changer that James Cameron would lead you to believe, but I thought it was a decently made film. I saw it in 3D, and it made the movie from a visually and technical standpoint an exquisite treat for the eyes, with the planet Pandora looking like something out of a Yes album cover.

Not great, but it's decent.

Oregon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2009, 1:39 am

I found the movie entertaining, which is why I go to the movies.

Graphics were great, still some cartoony effects.. but they are getting closer to CG looking like reality. The 3D has improved a lot over the years.. it was not overdone in the movie, which I think helped the film for me (it was still a bit hard on my eyes at times)

I did not expect an award winning plot or performances going in, but the movie overall had a good flow to it.

There are only 7 plots. So I was not expecting them to create an 8th one. It the job of the storytellers to create twists, suspense, and surprises. In overall storyline, I give this movie an average rating.

As an overall entertainment experience, I say it's worth the money to see in 3D. I was entertained. (and I'm just not saying that because there are half naked blue alien women with tails in it)

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 8:50 am

I guess it was only me then that thought that the movie was just great! I mean the best movie in the year and one of the best I've ever seen! The second best in the year being T4.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:39 pm

I might be the only one, but I thought the movie was amazing.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 12:47 am

Loved it! I saw it in 3d twice!

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2009, 1:02 am

Has anyone seen the 3D version in both IMAX and the regular 3D? And when I say "IMAX" I mean a real IMAX theater, not those crappy small-screen mini-IMAX theaters inside a normal theater.

I saw it in 3D at a theater using the Sony 4K projectors (which is suppose to be better than the mini-IMAX). I'm wondering if I'm missing anything compared to the full IMAX version.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 10:17 am

coded wrote:
Has anyone seen the 3D version in both IMAX and the regular 3D? And when I say "IMAX" I mean a real IMAX theater, not those crappy small-screen mini-IMAX theaters inside a normal theater.

I saw it in 3D at a theater using the Sony 4K projectors (which is suppose to be better than the mini-IMAX). I'm wondering if I'm missing anything compared to the full IMAX version.

I saw first with "normal" 3d and then IMAX 3D. I don't know if that was the "real" IMAX. I liked both of the versions... Umm the IMAX was bigger... and a bit more unfoucused unfortunately, but that didn't ruined the film.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 6:08 pm

lithium73 wrote:
last time i checked movies were about fantasy and entertainment, both of which it did very well. I think some people are way to critical. Imagine if the people who made these movies actually listened to the opinions of others. Nothing would ever be made again.

No, movies would likely be made much differently, with less clichés and more of what the public actually want. Good movies don't NEED good special effects to be good, they always get by on the plot.