Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
CR put male in their profile deliberately, I think. I refer to CR as a he.

This person is fairly masculine looking as well so I'd go along with that.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

Tequila wrote:
Taking great delight in winding up over-sensitive Muslims.

http://satwcomic.com/denmark-the-artist

I can't get enough of that comic. :lol:

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

Here is a funny video about Norweigans trying to speak Danish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

Kamelåså 4-ever! :D

MerciXFaveur
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

Lego

Bacon

Stig Tøfting

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

A nation of attractive blonde women with nice tits.

WHAT?! ! ;)

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

11 Nov 2011, 11:58 pm

Not a good dane...but a Great Dane. :lol:

LoweredSeventh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

Everyone thinks that they can only have either cream cheese or apples in the center, when really, any fruit filling will do.

nic123dk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2013, 7:24 am

the danish sterotypes are. we are drunk the hole time, we are tall, we are blond, we can't make a f*****g sentence without a f*****g swear word and we are racist.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 8:49 am

I have a very positive image of Denmark and the Danish people. Queen Alexandra and Empress Marie Fyodorovna were Danish, after all. Plus, Copenhagen is one of the cleanest cities in the world.

Probably the only thing would be that the Danes dislike the Germans. At least I know that Alexandra and Marie did. Their mother, Queen Louise as well. Their brother married a Swedish princess because most of the others who were eligible were Germans, and they would not have accepted a German princess.

BTW, has anyone ever tasted a Danish dessert that is made of black bread brewed in beer, and put in a bowl with brown sugar and whipped cream on top. It was a particular favorite of Christian IX and Louise's grandchildren. Ever since I read the description of it, I've wanted to try it. Unfortunately, I read that you have to use a certain type of Danish beer, which isn't sold here. At least not that I've been able to find. Otherwise, I would make it myself.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 9:08 am

persian85033 wrote:
I have a very positive image of Denmark and the Danish people. Queen Alexandra and Empress Marie Fyodorovna were Danish, after all. Plus, Copenhagen is one of the cleanest cities in the world.

Probably the only thing would be that the Danes dislike the Germans. At least I know that Alexandra and Marie did. Their mother, Queen Louise as well. Their brother married a Swedish princess because most of the others who were eligible were Germans, and they would not have accepted a German princess.

BTW, has anyone ever tasted a Danish dessert that is made of black bread brewed in beer, and put in a bowl with brown sugar and whipped cream on top. It was a particular favorite of Christian IX and Louise's grandchildren. Ever since I read the description of it, I've wanted to try it. Unfortunately, I read that you have to use a certain type of Danish beer, which isn't sold here. At least not that I've been able to find. Otherwise, I would make it myself.

What type of beer? It's not hvidtøl or something like that is it? (Yes, it's hvidtøl; see here!) I suppose you could use something like an extremely sweet and low-alcohol dark mild as a substitute, although I don't know how well that would go down. If you live in the UK, Manns Brown Ale (2.8%) might be OK to substitute it with or perhaps even Mackesons (also, now, 2.8% - down from 3%) as a substitute.

By the way - I've had hvidtøl before. It's a dark Danish beer with an extremely low alcohol content (under 2%) that is served in the winter and often to children. It's offensively sweet.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 11:17 am

^ Phoenix is in Arizona, so I doubt there are many dark milds around.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

puddingmouse wrote:
^ Phoenix is in Arizona, so I doubt there are many dark milds around.

Welp, there are two milds brewed locally at the Four Peaks Brewing Company but they're both seasonal beers anyway. That's all that I could find for Arizona.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 1:26 pm

I've also been trying to see if it can be bought over the internet. A coworker of mine was determined to make a certain kind of pie for a friend's birthday, which would only come out right with a very particular type of honey or syrup. He finally found it online, but found that he had to buy it like by the crate. So now he has like a huge supply of it.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

persian85033 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Øllebrød

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 1:57 pm

I don't even know where to begin. ;)

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2013, 2:00 pm

I don't fit any of these stereotypes :)