Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 6:04 am

so i don't know what its about but last 10 years its rare nights i see dreams, Its mostly just getting in bed going to sleep waking up after sometime, I just recently realized that most people have a dream every night. 8O thanks for thoughts for this :)

Jak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2009, 6:21 am

I rarely remember my dreams. When I do get them, they tend to be really odd. The other night I had a dream about a Japanese water spirit.

Woodfish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2009, 8:51 am

started to remember dreams after i think 2 years of therapy.

If we concentrate on accepting ourselves, change will happen. It will take care of itself. Self-acceptance is so hard to get you can't do it a day at a time. I've found that I need to run my life five minutes at a time. --Jess Lair

__biro
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2009, 10:06 am

I have really vivid dreams every night and sometimes I can't tell the difference between a dream and a memory because it seemed so real and life-like. Occasionally I have dreams about weird things that are obviously not real life so I don't get confused about those ones.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 10:10 am

Woodfish wrote:
started to remember dreams after i think 2 years of therapy.

What kind of therapy do you mean? What was it about?

Dodus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Dec 2009, 10:25 am

I also rarely remember my dreams, but on the occasion I do there usually pretty normal, aside from the fact that I usually get hit by a train or killed in some way at the end.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 10:57 am

I see dreams every night. Many of these dreams foreshadow the future events in my life, which is WEIRD. I get déjà-vus all the time.
Too bad I can't remember my dreams anymore when I wake up. I only remember them when I get a déjà-vu later on. It would be nice if I could remember my dreams, because then I would be able to write them down to get a sense of my future...

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 12:30 pm

MathGirl wrote:
I see dreams every night. Many of these dreams foreshadow the future events in my life, which is WEIRD. I get déjà-vus all the time.
Too bad I can't remember my dreams anymore when I wake up. I only remember them when I get a déjà-vu later on. It would be nice if I could remember my dreams, because then I would be able to write them down to get a sense of my future...

I was just talking to my friend about this. We both have deja vu because of our dreams. It has gotten really intense for me lately but I think I am going through a lot of changes so my 'spirit' is a little bit more alive. I didn't remember my dreams until a few years ago. I started praying about it and believe it or not, I have very vivid and memorable dreams now.

My friend has lucid dreams too, but she sleeps about 12 hours a day....

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 1:58 pm

Keep a notebook and a pen next to your bed. Any time you remember a dream - even a part of a dream - write it down as soon as you wake up, every detail you can recall. At first you may only recall enough for two or three sentences, but write it down anyway. Do this every time you wake up, as soon as you open your eyes, even if you still feel groggy and half asleep (actually, you may remember more in this state).

If you make this a habit, you will very quickly begin to remember more and more of your dreams. After a few weeks, you'll be filling several pages with the epic stories you've been living in the dream world. Eventually you may find yourself recalling nearly complete screenplays.

If you aren't recalling dreams at all, its because your brain is switching immediately to daytime world concerns as soon as you open your eyes - if you train it to make a more gradual transition between dreaming and waking, you'll be amazed to remember where you've been while your body was napping. 8O

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 2:56 pm

I remember every dream from every night and nap vividly. I often record them.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 7:55 pm

I n't know if it was a lack of recollection, or whatever, but I used to dream ALL THE TIME, and remember it. I went through a long stretch of not feeling I had any dreams. I DID find one thing that really seemed to help me have dreams. about 8 or so dessicated liver pills before sleeping. By liver pills, I basically mean liver ground up, dried, with maybe some B vitamins.

MOST of the nutritional value is seen as coming from protein, so who knows?

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2009, 8:00 pm

Everyone dreams several times each night. You simply forget it most of the time. I remember my dreams sometimes. Not a lot though.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 8:27 pm

Moony wrote:
Everyone dreams several times each night. You simply forget it most of the time. I remember my dreams sometimes. Not a lot though.

THIS. The only people that do not dream are people that have had a certain type of stroke, and even they usually start to dream again later.

As for me, I remember my dreams 95% of the time-- or at least part of them. But I practice remembering them and record them etc.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 2:23 am

I tend to sleep a lot during the day not enough stuff for me to do til nightfall I tend to dream in all matter of sorts I tend to do all things from predict events like my step grandfather breaking his leg, Wandering around areas I've been to, and many others

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 2:26 am

Willard wrote:
Keep a notebook and a pen next to your bed. Any time you remember a dream - even a part of a dream - write it down as soon as you wake up, every detail you can recall. At first you may only recall enough for two or three sentences, but write it down anyway. Do this every time you wake up, as soon as you open your eyes, even if you still feel groggy and half asleep (actually, you may remember more in this state).

If you make this a habit, you will very quickly begin to remember more and more of your dreams. After a few weeks, you'll be filling several pages with the epic stories you've been living in the dream world. Eventually you may find yourself recalling nearly complete screenplays.

If you aren't recalling dreams at all, its because your brain is switching immediately to daytime world concerns as soon as you open your eyes - if you train it to make a more gradual transition between dreaming and waking, you'll be amazed to remember where you've been while your body was napping. 8O

Yeah, I've started doing this! It works really well. A lot of the time I will completely forget the dream after I've fully woken up even after writing it down, and a few days or weeks later I'll go back and read it and it's like "wow, I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT" but it brings the pictures right back to my mind. :3 It's very cool.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

22 Dec 2009, 6:16 am

I dream in color and very vivid detail almost every night but when I wake up...it quickly fades and I cant put into words what my dream was about