Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

22 Dec 2009, 6:16 am

I dream in color and very vivid detail almost every night but when I wake up...it quickly fades and I cant put into words what my dream was about

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2009, 11:35 pm

Since I was younger I have always had dreams, sometimes I wouldn't remember them. Other times I remember them perfectly. Sometimes I have a dream go to bed then next night and it starts where it ended. Sometimes I have dreams keep going on and on for nights than randomly stop. I hate the nightmares I have and remember or keep going on and on every night.

Other times I get a dream and remember half and some of it is a blur. I also get it when I think a dream is real, it really happened. I question it a lot. Yesterday I asked my sister if she asked my mom to take her temp and my mom said no it's not even 100 and she was like no I don't feel good. But that was part of my dream but it's weird like that I guess.

At times my dreams are so crazy I couldn't even explain or get it or what it was.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 11:37 pm

I think I've read you can't read in dreams, not true

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Dec 2009, 12:04 am

I have been told if you don't like your dream or nightmare you just get out of it that you can do that. If that was true I wouldn't have nightmares. That's what I think.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 12:19 am

Most of my dreams are very realistic simulations of everyday life.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 8:53 am

I have a lot of dreams which are strange to me, and some of an adult nature which I find extremely exciting if my dream happened to be lucid as well (due to my total absence of experiences IRL).

The most recent dream I can recall was 2 nights ago, in which I dreamt that the Duke of Windsor had an assassination attempt performed on him by his wife when she was 30 years old. I looked this up on Wikipedia and it turned out that my dream was factually incorrect.

Philotix
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Dec 2009, 9:34 am

I just had a weird dream last night that my family somehow had an ancient Egyptian wall in their house... but the wall had a pictogram of a Medusa etched into it. But the Medusa's face looked more like Two-Face from Batman. I for some reason felt the compulsion to take out my knife and carve out the brick that had Medusa's "ugly" half face, and behind that brick when I pulled it out I found canned foods, lots of American coins (quarters, nickels, etc), a plain silver cross on a silver chain, and an old 5 1/4 floppy (back when they really WERE floppy) disk.

I put the disk in a computer that was in my parent's house (though they've never had a 5 1/4 drive) and loaded up what looked like really old e-mails from the US Military. The earliest e-mails went back as far as 1976... though there WAS no such thing as e-mail back in 1976....

So, to answer the OP's question, yes I DO remember my dreams, but not often... and when I do, they are REALLY weird. I also have sleep apnea, and so ever since I was diagnosed and got my CPAP machine, I've been remembering more and more dreams. It's kind of nice, if weird.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 7:05 am

Willard wrote:
Keep a notebook and a pen next to your bed. Any time you remember a dream - even a part of a dream - write it down as soon as you wake up, every detail you can recall. At first you may only recall enough for two or three sentences, but write it down anyway. Do this every time you wake up, as soon as you open your eyes, even if you still feel groggy and half asleep (actually, you may remember more in this state).

If you make this a habit, you will very quickly begin to remember more and more of your dreams. After a few weeks, you'll be filling several pages with the epic stories you've been living in the dream world. Eventually you may find yourself recalling nearly complete screenplays.
This is very helpful advice. I began doing this recently after reading your post, and it works! However, I find that I have to write in the dark in order to recall my dreams. If I turn on the lights, I get distracted by things. And it's hard to write in the dark.

Thank you :)

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 7:36 am

My dreams are either about every day things that I go through with my friends, Swinging London, actually being there to see varoius British rock bands perform, during the 60s and Christmas as I wold like it to be, with all family members being loved, as God loves his children.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 7:46 am

I had a much lower dream count up until rather recently, but that changed fairly drastically when I started taking melatonin. I have more than I thought possible now, and sometimes I even take extra of the stuff just to dream more on weekends when I can sleep in.

Course, I'm also able to Dream Lucidly which makes for a very very entertaining time.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.