Does your family intimidate/bully you because you have AS?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 12:05 pm

Its like they just "don't get it". I was at the doctor's yesterday and getting an MRI and an attendant asked if I needed help and I answered her literally (as AS people tend to do, which you think they'd know by know): "Not from you." They yelled at me for it... for HOURS.

I just didn't want her seeing me naked. :cry:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 12:16 pm

I don't get bullied about it by family. But we do tease eachother sometimes because all my mum's side are wacky in some ways, especially my grandad who's the most aspie one out of us. So there are a few jokes and digs swapped around, but nothing nasty.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 1:44 pm

Yup. They yell at me when I'm having a meltdown even when I'm at home, apparently crying is an offense. My cousins refer to me as a "thing" because they are uneducated rednecks who don't understand anything beyond football. Heck, most of them are dyslexic (or was at some point) so they should have SOME understanding of being wired differently mentally. D: