Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 3:03 pm

Well when I mention perhaps having Asperger's Syndrome my Psychiatrist said "That's something diagnosed in children and there's no pill for that and this is a place that gives pills." I was like oh. My current Psychiatrist IMO just agreed with me describing AS to shut me up LOL! My Psychology teacher described disorders and they are just a list that describes your behavior it doesn't define you. Sadly after learning of AS and the many issues I have dealing with my family IMO your behavior DOES define you. I'd be stupid if I didn't think OMG I have no friends no life etc. while others are I wonder why!?

Overall though I think if doctors (physicians) did what people in Psychology did (therapist,Psychiatrist etc.) they'd be fired/jailed/sued. (imagine you describe your headache you've had for 2 weeks and they say lets look at your foot) My experience is Oh you're depressed over getting kicked out of College and upsetting EVERYONE in your environment either A) take a pill or B) just get over it. One therapist said if she was the Psychology teacher she'd never want to see me again (UH that made me MORE depressed) Another asked me what issues I had (I said upsetting everyone etc.) he said that's issues they have with you. I was TOTALLY confused I FEEL AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES A BEHAVIOR UPSETTING A PSYCHOLOGIST AND GETTING MYSELF KICKED OUT OF COLLEGE AND COMING TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THAT I UPSET EVERYONE IN MY ENVIRONMENT ISN'T AN ISSUE?! !! !! !! !! !! !!1 Get REAL!! !! !! !