Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 12:02 am

Does it matter?

Back then, history was written by learned people about famous people. No one cared what happened to a simple carpenter and his wife, at least until later...a lot of that happens with history, it's going on, and people react to it rather than record it.

It took over 500 years to get Easter figured out, and they had some major knockdown dragouts about that (the Venable Bede talked of little else, if you go by documentation...;)

You have a Jewish offshoot religion that suddenly welcomes Gentiles (thanks, Paul...;), and underground movment, a religion of slaves, and eventually an official Roman Imperial religion. Several books of the New Testament (the Apocrypha) were 'tossed out', not to mention Gnostic gospels, etc....

Even the Quran was memorized for several decades, until a codified version could be put together. Even so, there's a body of works (I think it's called the Hadith) that might be parts of what, when and where

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 2:39 am

What bugs me is no one seems to know when and where the Tooth Fairy was born and how come there's no Tooth Fairy holiday? I have heard rumors the Tooth Fairy was actually a Neanderthal that was born with a full set of teeth. This was considered a miracle amongst Neanderthals and the long tradition was begun hundreds of thousands of years before Christianity. Since Neanderthals never invented writing there are no scriptures to record the event. It was all word of mouth.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran