Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

31 Dec 2009, 7:07 pm

What are yours? My cousin cancelled their party, so I'm running to figure out what I'm gonna do. Dammit.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Dec 2009, 7:13 pm

I hoped to be spending it quietly at home, but my neighbors are already setting off stupid fireworks, even though it is only around seven in the evening. :x This whole idea of a new year is so dumb, anyway. All we are doing is changing the number of the year. When I was a kid, I used to get all caught up in the general excitement, because I didn't know any better.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 7:18 pm

I'm just staying in and watching a film on TV. I'm not too fussed about new years myself, I can't be arsed to do anything.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 8:10 pm

I'm gonna be taking my little bro to some random park and watching the fireworks over the Strip. He's ALREADY counting the minutes, and ATM, it's 1710. Long night ahead.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 8:13 pm

I just ate dinner at Taco Bell, and now I am going to watch the Three Stooges marathon on AMC, then watch New Year's Rockin' Eve later tonight.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

31 Dec 2009, 9:44 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I just ate dinner at Taco Bell, and then watch New Year's Rockin' Eve later tonight.

Sounds good! Pretty much my plans as well!

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 11:39 pm

I was going to a party, but my friend told me not to come--the host didn't want me there. My friend was really pissed at him, but there's nothing he can do for me. In the meantime, I am at home, writing a short story. So it's not too bad of an evening.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 12:02 am

I spent it at home playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 and eating pizza. I also played Dino Crisis, just because I always do that on New Years Eve. Once it was midnight I lit up some sparklers my father bought and that was it. I liked it, video games and pizza are my idea of fun.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 12:21 am

lotuspuppy wrote:
I was going to a party, but my friend told me not to come--the host didn't want me there. My friend was really pissed at him, but there's nothing he can do for me. In the meantime, I am at home, writing a short story. So it's not too bad of an evening.

Ouch. I'm so sorry about that lotuspuppy. It's not so bad being at home though. NYE isnt really a big deal to me anymore and on some years I just went to bed early and didnt bother.

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 12:46 am

raisedbyignorance wrote:
lotuspuppy wrote:

Ouch. I'm so sorry about that lotuspuppy. It's not so bad being at home though. NYE isnt really a big deal to me anymore and on some years I just went to bed early and didnt bother.

Oh I'm not bitter at anyone. Considering where I was a few years ago, I am lucky someone my age wanted me at a party. In my mind, I have made progress.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 2:53 pm

We go to my gramma's house every new year's eve and it's something I always look forward to. We usually play card/board games all night, but for the last two years since my cousins are getting older, I now go between the card/board games and playing video games with my cousins since they don't play the card/board games. Last night I played New Super Mario Bros on the Wii for 3 or 4 hours with my cousins (I think I'd have enough frustration playing that game with another person my own age and skill at video games, let alone a 10 and 12 year old who just mash buttons at times, but it was wicked fun anyway). Then for the last hour of the year I played the board game I bought yesterday, Pandemic, with my mom, gramma, and a family friend who comes for new year's every year - best board game I've played in a long time!