Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 12:56 pm

I've noticed that many people who have parents of different races, especially celebrities are pretty good-looking, I can think of a big amount of celebrities from the US especially who descend from different races, and some of them are said to be one of the worlds most beautiful males and females, don't you think mixing races is awesome?

glamourdollxoxo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2010, 1:03 pm

I'm of a mixed race African American, Native American, and Mexican. My boyfriend is Caucasian and Mexican so we make a pretty interesting couple, but I think we look good together regardless of what others think.

Juan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2010, 1:17 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
I've noticed that many people who have parents of different races, especially celebrities are pretty good-looking, I can think of a big amount of celebrities from the US especially who descend from different races, and some of them are said to be one of the worlds most beautiful males and females, don't you think mixing races is awesome?

That's true.
From the scientific view, it's called hybrid vigor or outbreeding enhancement.
:D

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 1:36 pm

I agree here for the most part. I'm going to be a little controversial here, but my intent is not to offend --

Best products of interracial mating, by race:

Black and Caucasian -- I'm not overly PC or especially into African ancestry (that's another, more controversial topic, not to be discussed in this forum), but I have to admit that the children of this combo are almost always great looking. Strong, beautiful, tall, etc.

This also seems to apply to -- Black and Asian, black and Indian. Not as much the case with Black and Hispanic (and I've seen a lot, living where I do and knowing who I do), it is more hit and miss, despite the fact that most Hispanics are basically a combo of Native American (ultimately Asian) and maybe some European blood.

White and Asian -- this is hit and miss. It either ends up being really beautiful (low fat, great skin, high cheekbones, beautiful faces), or the worst of both worlds -- high fat from the caucasian side, slim bone structure from the Asian side, and just not a cosmetically appealing end result.

White and Indian -- usually very striking and beautiful, but it's an acquired taste -- others don't like the look, but I think it is wonderful. The white side masculinizes the Indian side without throwing the fat balance out of whack.

White and Hispanic -- same as above, but even more of a chance for it not to look great. I say this knowing my children will end up falling into this category, due to who I married. That being said, some are spectacular.

Indian and Hispanic -- tends to look pretty great, actually.

Asian intermarriage (i.e. Japanese having a kid with Chinese, etc.)-- almost always great. Both men and women who are in this category tend to look great, better than their original ethnicities.

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2010, 2:59 pm

I'm white and black. Depending on how you turn out it can make dating a bit harder at times actually since you or others don't know how to identify with you racially, which for some reason is still important.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 3:03 pm

I'm white and Korean.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 3:30 pm

Personally I'm Native American/Hungarian (caucasian) but I also find many people of mixed races beautiful.

Though I do tend to find the mixes with Native American and Asian ancestries most attractive personally. That said, there are some white/black combos are that simply gorgeous.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

TheMinnesotaIceman
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2010, 4:21 pm

All of my relationships thus far have been interracial relationships. I don't really give a crap about skin color. If you're a good person, I'll like and respect you, no matter what color you are; likewise, if you're a jerk, I'll dislike you, regardless of your skin color.

Juan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2010, 4:35 pm

TheMinnesotaIceman wrote:
All of my relationships thus far have been interracial relationships. I don't really give a crap about skin color. If you're a good person, I'll like and respect you, no matter what color you are; likewise, if you're a jerk, I'll dislike you, regardless of your skin color.

That's a great point of view.
I can't agree with you more.
A jerk is a jerk, no matter what he looks like.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 4:38 pm

When we were stationed in Japan, we saw a lot of Asian/Black kids who were stunning. You try not to be influenced by looks or notice, but yeah, interracial kids seem to have a lock on good looks. The two biracial children I adopted were beautiful. Are beautiful.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 7:22 am

Artist's guide to human types. URL link.

I am Nordic and Euro-Mediterranian types. Although my arms are above average in length.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:07 am

I'm black/white. We stand out because we're noticiably different and proof that two people had the guts to do the forbidden. It's all very exciting to people that are one race. This used to be the case with two ethnicities coming together as well. I never considered myself attractive when I was young or even now. Contrasts stand out. My dark skin emphasized my light eye color. It made them appear orange. ( more scary than attractive) If I were white, they be a sort of dull, hazel. Because I am so dark, my thin, long nose looks attractive. On a white person, it would be simply just a nose. My features are not the norm of the stereotypical black person so I stand out. I'm not necessarily pretty but I do stand out. People get used to the way races are "supposed to look". When someone comes along that looks different, they are seen as attractive. Like Holly Berry. If she were white, she'd be just a plain, dark-eyed, dark-haired girl like any other. Because she's a mix...what bold, unconventional parents she had!...she becomes a hottie instantly. Holly Berry looks like very other person walking to work in San juan, Puerto Rico. A very common face there but not here. We mixes all look good because our parents dared to be with someone from another race...and we are the proof of such intimacy. In the Latin-American world, mixes are no big deal because almost the entire Latino race are mixed. Many are seen as pretty people. Once I had a white workmate that took advantage of the fact that she had these real pretty,deep-blue eyes. Always using them around guys for rides home and small amounts of cash to buy snacks from the vending machine. Who could resist? She knew it and it became a powerful tool to get what she needed. Crazy huh? But this was TRUE! Made me think that most men are shallow and rather dumb. They deserved to be used by this girl. Once she tried on dark brown contact lenses, she looked rather UN-attractive to the point where I said, "Ah! Take them out! They look terrible!" In reality, it was her face that made the contacts look terrible. The contacts were just contacts. She ended up buying the clear ones...wise choice to stay as she was!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:33 am

Someone's got the whole idea of moving past racism right :)

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:58 am

I like this viewpoint very much. I have never understood others who have a problem with different races dating or having kids together. If you love someone, you love someone, enough said.

glamourdollxoxo wrote:
I'm of a mixed race African American, Native American, and Mexican. My boyfriend is Caucasian and Mexican so we make a pretty interesting couple, but I think we look good together regardless of what others think.

So long as you and your boyfriend think you look good together, then yeah, no-one elses opinion really matters, it's all about what makes you happy at the end of the day. I happen to think you both look very good together, not because you are a mixed-race couple, but because you both look happy with each other and so, by that respect, look well-suited.

exhausted
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 11:28 am

it's almost more usual than not to be mult-racial. it can be kind of confusing at times---which culture do you embrace? (and how do you fill out the forms?) but it's interesting too. it can give you an outsider's perspective, and that's nice in terms of creativity.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

05 Jan 2010, 11:37 am

The views expressed in this thread are awesome. I live in a community that's incredibly diverse, and I wish the whole world could be as open and accepting as my town. My family is inter-racial, and I can attest that love is truly color blind. I hope all of us can make an effort to bring more love into the world. Best wishes for the new year. :wink: