Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2010, 1:36 am

I had a deeply surprising event happen to me in Facebookland over the last few days.

The other night I got a invite to be a member of a Facebook group of a factory that I worked at a number of years ago. What is strange, is that I never worked for the company itself, but much rather a contract security company. I worked there for 5 years as the night watchman. The factory shut it's doors last year due to the economy. After I joined this group, I have had about two dozen friend requests from former employees of this factory/co-workers.

I knew that I got along with the people there, but I didn't realize that I was liked and respected that much there. It also didn't hurt that it was probably my most favorite job I ever held.

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 7:47 pm

passionatebach wrote:
I knew that I got along with the people there, but I didn't realize that I was liked and respected that much there.

I find that is one of the harder things with AS - working out what people think of me without flat out asking them.

MedusaMetropolis
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2010, 10:42 am

I hate Facebook. My cousin (my age) rejected my invitation. My neighbors talk about hanging out together; there's another dinner I wasn't invited to. I asked some classmates if they were going to our high school reunion and they all said no, but most of them were in the pictures. What they meant to say is "No I'm not going with you." I was an idiot for thinking I could talk to people online and then they would want to do things in real life.