How important is exercise in your life?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 8:40 pm

For me, it's important as I haven't had a relapse of clinical depression since I started exercising on a regular basis. I also have a family history of high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes, so exercise and a healthy diet will lower my risk.

Heliobacter20
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2010, 12:43 am

I bike to and from work and power walk everywhere. If I am inactive I feel quite depressed.
Of course, I am using having a good body to compensate for low self esteem about other things. In that vein, I have started modelling. It's been an interesting experience.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 10:21 am

Exercise has been my best friend for over 30 years.

FredOak3
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2010, 1:56 pm

I started bike commuting about 2 years ago and it has made a world of difference.

I have lost 40 lbs, my resting hear rate went down to 55, my MD reduced by cholesterol meds and without a doubt improved my mood.

I can do it alone, so there isn't uncomfortable social "team" interaction. I can set my own personal goals. It gets me out there in the world to be seen from my own perspective.

On week-end rides I'll take my camera with me and just head off someplace and take shots of anything interesting.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2010, 5:03 pm

I like it a lot, it helps me stay sane.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2010, 6:30 pm

I usually go somewhere by feet. I hate buses and autos, they stink and make me sick. And walking helps me to control water retention. When I buy sth on my way to home, I put it to rucksack and I can still walk, I don't feel weight. I use bus only when I have to go to market what is far away and I buy many things.
I like PE and I don't pretend like others, but really exercise. I know it's important.
And it works. When my class was tested, I had better condition than most people. Dyspraxia doesn't matter.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2010, 7:06 pm

I exercise round about moderately since I don't really see it as such as important thing and plus I'm actually a slim guy, so it isn't really such a big problem for me.

Although the only exercise I try to attempt is weight gaining since I HATE the small figure of mine... any suggestion guys?

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2010, 10:06 pm

Olympic style weight training will fill out your frame all-around. Few things are as effective at working muscles all-around.
Stuff like running wont help.

Over the past few months, I've had to cut out my gym membership. I can't afford it, and my car to get there has gone kaput. Terrible loss. Improving my physical health was a massive priority for me over the past year, and although I've tried, I tend to fail at doing it on my own. I need a scheduled event, like a class, to keep me from slacking.
However, in un-characteristic defiance of my usual laziness, I've been doing push-ups every day over the winter. It has been making a surprisingly big visual difference, and I'm steadily increasing the amount I can do before I gotta stop.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2010, 10:18 pm

superboyian wrote:
Although the only exercise I try to attempt is weight gaining since I HATE the small figure of mine... any suggestion guys?

Yes, the best advice I can give you is that, strength is not in the size of your muscles.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 12:19 pm

Sadly, the extent of my exercise is just walking.