I can actually concentrate and become more productive now

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2010, 11:34 pm

The Tuesday before New Year's and the beginning of 2010 has been wonderful for me. Why? Well, I've became more productive thanks to my new software: Dragon Naturally Speaking 10.
With Dragon, I'm able to turn my voice into text.

I remember back then I had a passion for writing, and I would try to write and write. But my brain just traveled faster than what I could process onto paper since I have ADHD along with Asperger's, so then I would just stop working on a project and leave it unfinished. Along with that, everytime i would write I would criticize my writing and then would just spend hours writing, only to get like a page done in one day. I type at 25 words per minute (Ouch!) :oops:

So now I'm in college, and after my first semester I said, "There's have to be a better way." For you see, I never liked to write papers because of the experiences I have with not completing them (well, if I do complete them, they'll just be a first draft because I just think and think about the project until the last minute.) So I bought Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 Preferred.

Well, with Dragon, I can actually become more productive, getting three pages done in less than an hour. It's because I can finally transfer my thoughts into speech so Dragon can transcribe it for me. Fortunately, it's pretty accurate. Also, I can keep up faster with my mind now than instead of typing, so I can never second guess myself when I say something.

Even better, With the Preferred Edition, I can speak in a digital voice recorder and have Dragon transcribe it later. This not only made me able to work for longer periods of time since I'm a pacer when I'm thinking and working, but with this I can never second guess myself or correct my mistakes at all because once I say something I can't take it back.

With Dragon and my digital recorder, I feel like i can actually take on most college students' writing. Actually, though, when I'm writing stories it actually comes out more intresting--better yet, more dynamic when I use it. It's like I'm actually telling the audience the story as if I been there myself. Well, I'm an impulsive and spontaneous person, so speaking it out does wonders for me. Well, thank God they have this. Otherwise, I can take forever writing papers--even one page if you know what I mean. :D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 11:56 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I currently have a similar problem when it comes to writing and posting...

ak_born
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2015, 4:59 pm

That's great to hear! I've had a similar experience with the SIRI function on my phone--takes me less time to generate text responses since it forces me to take a break from constant editing when I'm typing.