Page 1 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 11:42 am

So far, I'm about 6 hours in and it's quite possibly the greatest game since FFVII or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for me.

Or better. As much as I've played so far I haven't found a single thing I can gripe about yet, something I can only remember from SotN.

The graphics are absolutely amazing, the facial expressions and eye movements are completely realistic, even for the alien races (inasmuch as that can be stated)

The music/sound is perfect.

Storyline: Unfortunately as the game is extremely large I haven't gotten that far. I've managed to get 6 of the possible squad members so far, and each has been very enjoyable.

Gameplay: Extremely entertaining and very very addictive. I find myself itching to piss someone off just so I can keep in combat because it's that much fun. I've only really played a Biotic Adept so far, so I'll have to start a few more games with the other classes to try out those. Unlike in the first ME, they made the biotic and tech powers a MUCH shorter cooldown, so you can use them constantly, every 3-6 seconds in fact. They also made melee more of an option (and you punch HARD).
Unfortunately, as fun as the combat is, the intrigue, dialogue and story so far is just as awesome so you want to finish off the enemies fast so you can listen to what happens afterward, just to want to get back into combat again lol.

All-in-all so far, I highly recommend this game.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 1:36 pm

Gimme a couple of days until the Steam release. :)

The year is still young.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 3:37 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Gimme a couple of days until the Steam release. :)

Steam released it yesterday at Noon. That's when I started playing it ^_^

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 4:48 pm

Fah, not here until Friday. :wink:

The year is still young.

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2010, 11:28 pm

I don't understand why they give the US 1-3 days earlier release than other countries. just cause the US is ~12 hours behind Australia.... :?

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 11:33 pm

I'm getting ME2 Friday XD. I was supposed to be saving money for college books but I spent it on games instead :p.

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 1:53 am

I caved in and pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe edition on Steam the day before it's release so I could get all the extra crap to go along with the Blood Dragon armor I found a DLC code for in my Dragon Age: Origins case. :)

Very fun game though. I havn't been able to play it that much though, maybe a couple of hours spread over two day. But I can already see I'm gonna love this game and become addicted.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 6:05 am

SirLogiC wrote:
I don't understand why they give the US 1-3 days earlier release than other countries. just cause the US is ~12 hours behind Australia.... :?

I think they stagger software releases across different places so that technical support can better respond if a problem appears. So they release it in one place first, if that works then fine, if there's a problem they only have to placate the people in that place and not elsewhere. :)

The year is still young.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 6:42 am

It's pretty awesome. I beat ME2 in 25 hours with no sleep. I have to go back in savegames to uhhh get a "perfect savegame"

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 8:19 am

I am playing it right now, I have it paused as I am getting onto the Normandy, it took a little time just to get to this. There are some differences such as the weapons useing amunition now instead the old chip off block, and different hacking and such. It feels good to see my character again after so long from beating the game. I also bought the strategy guide just for some extra tips and such.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:16 pm

Strategy guides :P. The ultimate source of strategy guides will be by gamers and it's free. :P

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2010, 12:18 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I also bought the strategy guide just for some extra tips and such.

"lol"

Never buy strategy guides. You can get all the same info for free off the internet with a simple google search. IGN usually hosts collections of guides and walkthroughs for games. Most of the guide books are also just made from blatant copying of those free online documents anyway.

Here is the IGN link for ME2, already a rather large walkthrough/guide up
http://au.pc.ign.com/objects/142/14235019.html

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:50 am

Well I like having something I can just pick up and read, I colect lots of strategy guides and read them in my spare time, like I have all Halo strategy guides except for the first, it is more relaxing then scrolling online and can be accessed within a few seconds regardless of computer. Plus they have a nice "new" smell. (my favirout one is special edition of "Phantom Hourglass").

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2010, 1:05 am

I am still playing the first Mass Effect. Replaying it since I got a new 360, so I want to build my character up for the second game. Although, you can still be Shepard without incorporating your previous character but without any history. Still, I might play the second game both ways just to see.

As for the strategy guide, whenever I get a new game I always try and get the strategy guide too. I just like the feel of the book in my hands, the pictures; it's a tactile thing for me.

wormsto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2010, 6:09 am

i'm gonna get it as soon as the price hits £30 or below.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 2:09 pm

Aspiewriter wrote:
I am still playing the first Mass Effect. Replaying it since I got a new 360, so I want to build my character up for the second game. Although, you can still be Shepard without incorporating your previous character but without any history. Still, I might play the second game both ways just to see.

I unfortunately have ME1 for the Xbox and ME2 for the computer so I couldn't import. And it's really annoying too. It defaults to assuming you let the council die, and you save the human gender opposite Shepards gender AND that that was your romance, and assumes Wrex dies. Very very annoying because in my ME1 I had a female Shepard, saved the council, killed Ashley because she killed Wrex (I of course reloaded and did it again to save him, but sweet Gaia that b!tch pissed me off when she did that. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to her die later) and of course I romanced Liara.

So, that somewhat annoyed me. Now I have to buy ME1 for the PC JUST to redo it so I can load the first game the way I played it instead of the default boring way. Who the hell would want to romance a human when you've got a blue alien psychic bisexual chick anyway?