Page 9 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2010, 7:56 pm

I thought this was a one-time oops in the book I have, but the hardback collector's edition is riddled with errors. For example, I just did the loyalty mission for Samara. According to the book, I would receive 2,000 iridium, but I have 500 element zero instead (which makes more sense considering it involves a biotic character). Did they do a rush job on the book or what? Anyone else notice any errors in the book?

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 8:02 pm

no idea

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2010, 9:30 pm

This is my third time around playing, and I must not be reading my guide properly (or it's just full of errors or hasn't explained things clearly)... I have found some upgrades, but not ALL the damage upgrades for my weapons. Can someone help with this? I've bought as much as I can, but I still find that I am missing the final upgrades to the weapons, armor, etc... The Normandy upgrades are the easiest things to get, but everything else... I am throwing my hands up in the air or scratching my head.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2010, 9:55 pm

OK. Never mind. After viewing my book more thoroughly (I have ADD sometimes when it comes to reading. I tend to gloss over things), and checking out a website, I have found that the SMG upgrade I needed was something I overlooked. Other than that, I think I have everything. Or will have everything.

gizmo
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2010, 9:44 am

I'm new hear but I've completed the game twice and I must say I'm hungry for the third one.I can also give u some tips on how to keep all of ur sqauds loyalty in MASS EFFECT 2.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:30 pm

Tip 1: Complete the loyalty missions to the NPC's satisfaction. For instance, even if you're a Paragon master, let Garrus assassinate his target - the guy deserves to die anyway. Try to talk Jack out of killing the man in her old room at the abandoned Cerberus facility - she'll be better able to let go of her past, which has been her big distraction. (And she'll set off the bomb anyway, so you still get the cinematic of trying to outfly the fireball.) After rescuing Miranda's sister, convince Miranda to go talk to her. And so forth. (If you have the mercenary Zaeed in your party [he's a download], you can save the facility, let his old target escape, and still convince him to wait until the mission is over to kill the man - he can put aside his concerns, and remain clear for the mission.)

Tip 2: Try your best to top out either the Paragon or Renegade meters. Some of the characters, after their loyalty missions, will have interactions you will need to defuse (most notably between Miranda and Jack, and Tali and Legion). You will need to use either a Paragon or Renegade response to get them to settle down and work together for the mission. Appearing to favor either party will lose you the other's loyalty.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2010, 12:43 pm

I've managed to finally complete the final mission with ALL my team members surviving it. YAY!! !!

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 12:53 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41U78QP8nBk[/youtube]

"I like to see humans on their knees..."

The year is still young.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 9:11 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
Tip 1: Complete the loyalty missions to the NPC's satisfaction. For instance, even if you're a Paragon master, let Garrus assassinate his target - the guy deserves to die anyway. Try to talk Jack out of killing the man in her old room at the abandoned Cerberus facility - she'll be better able to let go of her past, which has been her big distraction. (And she'll set off the bomb anyway, so you still get the cinematic of trying to outfly the fireball.) After rescuing Miranda's sister, convince Miranda to go talk to her. And so forth. (If you have the mercenary Zaeed in your party [he's a download], you can save the facility, let his old target escape, and still convince him to wait until the mission is over to kill the man - he can put aside his concerns, and remain clear for the mission.)

Actually, that's not necessary (found out by trying). In the loyalty missions, often ANY ending will work depending on the individual.

With Jacob, Miranda, Jack, Garrus, Samara/Morinth, Mordin, Grunt, Leigon and Thane .... just completing the mission results in their loyalty...regardless of options you choose.

With Tali, so long as you don't expose her father's treason, she'll be loyal...even if it results in her being exiled.

With Zaeed, if you save the factory workers, he'll not be loyal, UNLESS your paragon/renegade score is high enough, to unlock the dialog options that can salvage the mission and still end up with his loyalty. Thankfully, if it doesn't work, you can reload the mission and make different choices.

DeaconBlues wrote:
Tip 2: Try your best to top out either the Paragon or Renegade meters. Some of the characters, after their loyalty missions, will have interactions you will need to defuse (most notably between Miranda and Jack, and Tali and Legion). You will need to use either a Paragon or Renegade response to get them to settle down and work together for the mission. Appearing to favor either party will lose you the other's loyalty.

When you complete BOTH the Miranda and Jack missions, you'll get a confrontation that forces you to choose one or the other. If your paragon/renegade is high enough, you get dialog options that lets you resolve the issue without choosing. If you must choose between them, you SHOULD get the ability to talk to the now disloyal one and use paragon/renegade to win back their loyalty...normally with the "told her what she wanted to hear" line of persuasion. I lost Jack recently, and so long as I don't talk to her until my paragon/renegade is high enough, I have the chance to bring her back. I test by going to her level (invokes an autosave) and talking to her. If the option to regain her loyalty isn't unlocked yet, I load the autosave and go about my game until later.

A similar issue happens when you complete BOTH the Tali and Legion missions. You are forced to choose which you can diffuse with sufficient paragon/renegade or choose one and try to salvage the loss by talking to the disloyal member afterward.

NOTE: I just finished a game where I had to pick Miranda over Jack. No matter how high I got my Paragon (almost had it maxed), I still didn't unlock the option to win her back. Somehow, Jack still survived the final mission, so I don't know how that happened.

NOTE: I suspect with Garrus, if you are a female and want the romance option with him, you need to end his loyalty quest on the positive theme (let the guy live and get Garrus to realize it was the best thing for himself). Otherwise, I just couldn't seem to get him to warm up to my Fem Shep. :(

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2010, 11:27 pm

I am now on the final class, the Engineer. I've decided that I like the classes in this order -

Soldier
Adept
Vanguard
Infiltrator
Sentinel
then Engineer

What about everyone else? What's your favorites?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 7:55 am

Hard call. I know I like Vangard for the fun Charge attack option. I like Engineer for the effective tech attacks.

I'd rate Soldier and Infiltrator somewhat equally.

Sentinel might be as good as a soldier/infiltrator.

Adept was last, mostly because if you play on Insanity difficulty, most of the biotic powers are ineffective until you wear a target down to bare health, and most every bad guy has some level of protection you have to cut away before the full biotic attack will affect them. On lower difficulties, the Adept can be a lot of fun to play with.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2010, 1:47 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Hard call. I know I like Vangard for the fun Charge attack option. I like Engineer for the effective tech attacks.

I'd rate Soldier and Infiltrator somewhat equally.

Sentinel might be as good as a soldier/infiltrator.

Adept was last, mostly because if you play on Insanity difficulty, most of the biotic powers are ineffective until you wear a target down to bare health, and most every bad guy has some level of protection you have to cut away before the full biotic attack will affect them. On lower difficulties, the Adept can be a lot of fun to play with.

Yes, that is a good point. The Adept is awesome to use on easy level. And I am on easy level, because I don't think I have the patience for more difficult levels just yet. I prefer to mow everyone down, and easy level gives me joy. I am going to try the more difficult levels when I gain more confidence. I would then assume that the Tech is best on Insanity or Hardcore level?

I also wondered to get the Geth Pulse rifle, you'd have to be on Insanity level. It is after the Colossus fight during Tali's recruitment mission; however, can we cheat and do the fight on easy but switch the difficulty over to Insanity just to pick up the Pulse rifle? I know, it's a ridiculous idea, but I was just wondering.

And also, for each difficulty level what class would you recommend I use?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:39 am

If I'm correct, all items you can find or research are available at all difficulty levels. The exception is the special weapon training/weapon item you get on the Collector Ship mission (happens first time only with a given character...on replays you already have it). I played ME2 on Insanity just to get the achievement points, but it made me work for it.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 6:24 pm

Recently completed the game over the weekend.

Lost Legion in the final mission argh! was pissed I nearly had a full team survive oh well.

Good fun, I'm gonna go try the original mass effect now as I never bothered with it. Then maybe go do this again with a differnt character class and play a renegade character

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2010, 4:23 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
NOTE: I suspect with Garrus, if you are a female and want the romance option with him, you need to end his loyalty quest on the positive theme (let the guy live and get Garrus to realize it was the best thing for himself). Otherwise, I just couldn't seem to get him to warm up to my Fem Shep. :(

Strange, I let Garrus kill the guy on my female Shepard and had no difficulty at getting Garrus into the sack. Even pulled off a side romance with Thane that I eventually broke off to get with Garrus.

Also, new DLC, Kasumi Goto, her ability Shadow Strike... Overpowered as all hell!

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2010, 1:33 am

DeaconBlues wrote:

You can still gain Garrus' loyalty even if you stop him from assasinating his target.