Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 6:50 pm

I see a lot of people here and on the love-shy forum discussing the virtues of relationships with, men or women of certain types of nationality.

I don't know why but I find that unless a woman is of any of certain nationalities, I find I cannot develop any sexual or romantic desire for them. Any relationship with them, therefore, I'd have a desire for only a platonic friendship. It's only with certain nationalities I'd have a desire or urge for romance or a sexual relationship in addition.

It isn't even a race thing, it's a nationality thing. It's also not a judgmental or exclusionary thing, simply a matter of what I'm innately attracted to and turned on by, and what I'm not.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 7:22 pm

You've got me curious - what nationalities are you attracted to/not attracted to?

I am probably the same. I come from Oceania, and would probably be more attracted to say, a white American as opposed to a white say.. Russian? I guess its partly a cultural thing, not just nationalities.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 7:45 pm

Well, it's obvious for a start. You feel more affinity for a person that can at least speak the same language as you and has a similar 'heritage'.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 9:30 pm

I'd probably go for a parisian, maharaja or turkish prince any day of the week.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 27 Jan 2010, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jan 2010, 9:55 pm

I go for exotic mixes, for some reason.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 4:13 am

Can someone explain why you see more white men with asian women than you asian men with white women?

I say this having had a Korean girlfriend previously. It's just an interesting phenomenon.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:42 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
You've got me curious - what nationalities are you attracted to/not attracted to?

I am probably the same. I come from Oceania, and would probably be more attracted to say, a white American as opposed to a white say.. Russian? I guess its partly a cultural thing, not just nationalities.

Attracted to: UK (my own country after all), US.

Not particularly attracted to: effectively everywhere else.

As I say, not a matter of not finding them attractive, just not having a hormonal response.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:59 pm

Keeno wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

As I say, not a matter of not finding them attractive, just not having a hormonal response.

So its a fetish then? I mean if its more than attraction.

Re: Asians - I really don't know. Some white women love Asian men, but its a lot more common for white Men to love Asian women, guess maybe its to do with how men are more visual creatures than women?

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 6:28 pm

There are no nationalities which I would explicitly rule out. All a woman needs to do for me to be attracted to her is to catch my eye and appear ready for a relationship.

Iloverussia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2010, 6:35 pm

Artsy American women
Russian

Thats about all I can say in general I like.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 6:36 pm

Hector wrote:
All a woman needs to do for me to be attracted to her is to catch my eye and appear ready for a relationship.

You don't, er, fancy talking to her first? You might be two completely different people.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 9:58 pm

Tequila wrote:
Hector wrote:
All a woman needs to do for me to be attracted to her is to catch my eye and appear ready for a relationship.

You don't, er, fancy talking to her first? You might be two completely different people.

I would need to talk to her in order for me to reasonably determine that she is ready for a relationship, by which I mean that she does not appear to have serious personal or mental issues. Though if a girl I'm having a really good first conversation with is at least kind of cute and I don't think my chances of seeing her again are that high, I may try to get her number or ask her out at the end of said conversation.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:43 pm

people with mental issues need loving too :(

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 8:56 am

I just don't want to feel like I'm taking on more baggage and drama than I had bargained for over what would probably be just one date even if she says yes. Besides looks it's my only requirement.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 9:53 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Keeno wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

So its a fetish then? I mean if its more than attraction.

Re: Asians - I really don't know. Some white women love Asian men, but its a lot more common for white Men to love Asian women, guess maybe its to do with how men are more visual creatures than women?

I wouldn't exactly say it's a fetish since a fetish unless that person has idealistic ideas in how that person would behave which some men do. There are many guys who not only find asian women attractive but have this belief that they act more feminine than western women.

As for me physical attraction to asian men just like most men of any creed seems to come natural to me. I've often wondered if it is more of a cultural thing than an attraction thing whenever one dismisses a person based on their ethnicity or nationality. Then again it's always fun to build up these exotic fantasies pertaining to the other/same gender. So I don't know exactly as they may sort of overlap. I know most men seem to connect a woman's specific creed to a certain behavior or stereotype. Not that I'm saying women don't do it but whenever you talk to a guy about his dream girl, he'll seem to connect her nationality to a certain rewarding behavior. So there could be some element of fetish going on. I knew a guy who would always talk about how asian women were better at being women than westernized women. However lol he had been divorced three times to the women he had married from abroad.

Even though I might like to develop exotic fantasies for guys, I usually keep reality and fantasy seperate. I could not develop a relationship with any guy no matter how attractive he is unless there was an emotional connection. In other words, I'd rather be with a guy whom I could relate and connect to than a good looking guy who is shallow. So I think we women tend to aim more for the personality than the looks. But again, women's ideals are just as diverse as men's ideas of attraction. I find this forum isn't really the best place in finding out what women and men in general are attracted to as it seems most of the ideals are rooted back when society was much different in its time.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 29 Jan 2010, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 10:06 am

I find it very strange that anyone should judge a potential partner by their nationality. :? :?: At best you could (with reservations) use the stereotype to form some idea of what they'd be like before you had any contact with them, but once you were in touch with them, your direct observation of their character is of much greater value than whatever you thought beforehand!

The year is still young.