Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 8:55 pm

Jjancee wrote:
hellznrg wrote:
Nomaken wrote:
I wouldn't call it ineffecient. I would call it more convenient for me if they approached me. Make things easier for meeeee! /sarcasm

well they're the ones who ultimately choose.. the current situation is like people who want to sell something spam you with unwanted advertisements and email and telemarketing for their products ... no one likes spam.. better way is to just put your product out there, and if the buyer decides he/she wants it, then he/she will buy it...

it's the same thing here... see... the fact is that 95% of the time, guys get shot down, but a woman would rarely be shot down... you can argue with me, but you can't argue with mathematics!

If you're getting shot down by 95% women, consistently, regardless of where you are (school/work/bar after either/sporting event/etc) and over time (when you were in high school/college/working/on vacation/etc) , the common denominator isn't "the women" (since it's different women at different times in different venues) -- it is YOU.

Have you considered that whatever it is you're doing isn't working? And is repellant to pretty much all women you come across?

The guys I shoot down tend to be self-proclaimed "nice guys", boring, over-entitled jerks or a combination thereof. (Insisting you are such a "nice guy"? Triggers my creep-o-meter, as it's almost invariably an indication that you are NOT).

Wow, it was so "eager-to-attack" this guy that it didn't even notice he posted that almost 9 years ago. 8O

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 9:19 am

By Jjancee's logic, I am a mega-creep, because of the situation I had years ago with that girl who had those crazy rules (which I posted about frequently).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2014, 7:08 pm

By Jjancee's logic, if you run over a person with a car, running him over repeatedly before he can get up will justify it, because he would be "desperate" and "the lowest common denominator."

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 8:06 am

Aaendi wrote:
By Jjancee's logic, if you run over a person with a car, running him over repeatedly before he can get up will justify it, because he would be "desperate" and "the lowest common denominator."

That's a good point especially since the OP could be dead for all we know. His last visit was in January 07.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 8:37 am

I still don’t get what’s inefficient about it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 10:20 am

^^^
He claimed it supposedly "doesn't work" the vast-majority of the time even though it's the norm, unlike when it's the other way around.

SinewStew
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Dec 2014, 2:18 pm

90%, really? I doubt that's the case if you're asking out the right person, not just everyone.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 2:25 pm

By Jjancee's logic, any guy who never had a relationship or failed in getting a relationship must be related to a red flag of a very repellent and bad personality - she didn't seem to acknowledge that there are things beyond one's control (or can hardly be tweaked) that make people chronically single like very ugly looks, extreme introversion, bad childhood (bullying, low self esteem...etc), or ....autism.

I am sure she will return with a new sockpuppet.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 12:44 am

SinewStew wrote:
90%, really? I doubt that's the case if you're asking out the right person, not just everyone.

Something I've realised over time is that most people don't know themselves well enough, including what they want in a partner, to know how to recognise "the right person".

SinewStew

16 Dec 2014, 2:43 am

By, "right person" I didn't mean Mr. or Ms. Right, I mean the person who may be receptive to saying yes to a date.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 3:34 am

SinewStew wrote:
By, "right person" I didn't mean Mr. or Ms. Right, I mean the person who may be receptive to saying yes to a date.

That's kinda what I meant, too. Knowing who you should be asking out, who is suitable. And people should be asking out people who suit them, as they are more likely to be receptive to saying yes to a date.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 5:38 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
SinewStew wrote:

That's kinda what I meant, too. Knowing who you should be asking out, who is suitable. And people should be asking out people who suit them, as they are more likely to be receptive to saying yes to a date.

Suitable in what way particularly?

Physical aspects?

Personality?

Level of attractiveness?

Upbringing?

Intelligence?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 5:43 am

^ Yes.

(in any way that is relevant)

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 3:31 pm

But how does one objectively measure such things?

Like physical attractiveness for example?

hotornot.com?

And don't certain people have certain preferences that others don't have?

Like a 6 to one person can't be a 6 to everyone for example, or can they?

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2014, 6:15 pm

hurtloam wrote:
I'm still dubious about this idea that women don't ask men out. My mum asked my dad out, my best friend asked out her husband, I was at a wedding recently and the bride was the one who asked the groom out.

Sounds like you are saying more that women will only ask men out if they are "husband hunting".
It's taken me quite a long time to work out exactly why I don't find such anecdotes personally reassuring.

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
Knowing who you should be asking out, who is suitable. And people should be asking out people who suit them, as they are more likely to be receptive to saying yes to a date.

The who is "suitable" depends on many different factors.
There's also the problem that quite a large proportion of people (more women than men it appears) will not date "friends". Thus raising the question of how you could possibly find out if they are suitable in the first place.