Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 3:31 pm

Clutterers:

Have a hard time fluently giving long answers Especially if I'm telling a story.
Have hasty, repetitious, uninhibited, messy handwriting I have infamously bad handwriting. XD
Do know exactly what they want to say, but it becomes disorganized while actually speaking Yup...
Have disorganized, tangential, grammatically incorrect speech with word substitutions Mildly. I don't think it's too noticeable. With some company it is. I frequently forget words. So I need a bigger vocabulary.
Are impatient listeners, frequently interrupt, and have poor turn-taking skills in conversation Yep....Working on it. :/

How many of these must you have to be a clutterer?

jourdan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2014, 7:03 pm

I believe I have it. This "Interview with a Person who Clutters" cleared up a lot for me. Some things I did not even realize I was doing.
[url=file:///Users/jourdanrobirts/Documents/Studies/Interview%20With%20a%20Clutterer.html]Interview with a Person who Clutters[/url]

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 11:47 pm

I was diagnosed with it as a kid.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 12:26 pm

SirLogiC wrote:
I try and talk too fast, try and get the thoughts out of my head too fast and stumble on words.

So that´s what I do....cluttering.
Sometimes I have a slight stutter when I have jaw tension, but mostly I sort of run out of sound or movement, and I have to start in the middle of a word.
It began when I practised on speaking faster, because I felt idiotic, when my mouth simply wouldn´t form words. It sounded slow, strange and guttural.
I prefer a bit of stumbling.