Norway vs Sweden; Guys and chicks

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 6:55 pm

I know a few Swedish and a few Norwegian girls. They're similar, but I slightly am more attracted to Swedish.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 9:04 pm

Oh I had a HUGE crush on a guy from Sweden once. *sigh* Every time I saw him I nearly threw up. It was torture. But... having a little Norwegian DNA and being a bit of a narcissist I'm going to have to vote Norway. 8)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 9:14 pm

This thread needs pictures.

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Dec 2010, 2:43 am

I visited Sweden once, and there were some pretty hot guys there. I'll cast my official vote one I've had the opportunity to visit Norway... :-)

norwegianman1972
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Dec 2010, 4:06 am

When it comes to the guys, Norwegian guys are best. Just look at my picture :) :) :wink:

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Dec 2010, 11:22 am

Norwegian women.

Marilyn Monroe as an example.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 4:25 pm

FTM wrote:
Norwegian women.

Marilyn Monroe as an example.

I just looked it up, and it's true: Marilyn Monroe's father was Norwegian. There's a bit of trivia I didn't know.

But I suppose this means it is more accurate to describe Marilyn Monroe as half-Norwegian.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 5:05 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Who are the hottest ones?

I will say my opinions later, but for now, go ahead and "vote"!

It's a fair question, and if I had spent some time in both countries I might be able to form an opinion.
I personally cannot picture a typical Swedish look as distinct from a typical Norwegian look.
That's not to say other people would not be able to notice differences.
In fact (going off on a tangent here) I've been wondering lately out of curiosity if there are certain looks that can be fairly confidently matched to certain specific countries, and I have come up with the following: :)

A typically Russian look: tennis player Vera Zvonareva

A typically Dutch look: swimmer Inge De Bruijn

A typically Irish look: actress Dervla Kirwan

norwegianman1972
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2010, 4:53 am

There is a lot more variation within the two countries than there is between them.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 8:16 pm

Vince wrote:
norwegianman1972 wrote:
Swedish is a very sensual language!

Really? I'm Swedish, and I find the Swedish language goofy and lacking in nuance and expressiveness.

I think he means the way it sounds. I have to agree - Swedish is very lacking, in that regard, when it comes to words... there's not even a hot word that can compare with 'cum'... as in the *result* of coming. And even 'hot'... 'het' or 'läcker' don't really compare, do they? At least not in my view. Countless other examples... -_-; that's why when I find my true love, I will find her outside of Sweden, so I can just talk English with her... of course, except when whispering sweet nothings in her ear, while in my lap, or while in bed, that she doesn't understand. The only sexy word I miss in the English language is 'skönt' - in regards to when it's used to describe sexual pleasure.

I probably shouldn't vote... but I vote for myself. ;)

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 8:17 am

Beauty_pact wrote:
that's why when I find my true love, I will find her outside of Sweden, so I can just talk English with her... of course, except when whispering sweet nothings in her ear, while in my lap, or while in bed, that she doesn't understand.

Try "Mellanmjölk". It's about as nothing as it gets, but it's got a ring to it.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 10:31 am

Vince wrote:
Try "Mellanmjölk". It's about as nothing as it gets, but it's got a ring to it.

Or maybe I'd sometimes talk like I did with my dog (and my parents' and siblings' dog), when he lived - talking all lovey and nice to him, in my tone, but really saying that he was ugly, stupid and totally empty-headed, and that I hated him. :P Not that he was any of that and I actually loved him, but sure was amusing. :P Maybe saying something of that sort, haha.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

I found something today that reminded me of this thread. It's a comparison of female facial averages for several countries (including Sweden but not Norway): http://i.imgur.com/lO9OV.jpg

It was apparently created by getting hold of some images via internet searches and plugging them in to a piece of facial-averaging software located at the following URL: http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/average

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:59 pm

I found something today that reminded me of this thread. It's a comparison of female facial averages for several countries (including Sweden but not Norway): http://i.imgur.com/lO9OV.jpg

It was apparently created by getting hold of some images via internet searches and plugging them in to a piece of facial-averaging software located at the following URL: http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/average

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 4:14 pm

norwegianman1972 wrote:
There is a lot more variation within the two countries than there is between them.

i think that can be said about all of the scandinavian countries, even culturally we have a lot in common, i remember growing up on a steady diet of astrid lindgreen.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Feb 2011, 12:05 pm

Oodain wrote:
norwegianman1972 wrote:

i think that can be said about all of the scandinavian countries, even culturally we have a lot in common, i remember growing up on a steady diet of astrid lindgreen.

Denmark don't have Sami so that's points lost for Denmark.