I'm afraid to sleep after experiencing sleep paralysis.

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

whatamarshmallow
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2010, 11:04 pm

LoveMoney wrote:
I have it sometimes 'sleep paralysis'.

Don't listen to irrational ideas, its scientific explained.

When you try to sleep, some people with SP fall into the REM sleep far too fast.
The REM sleep blocks your ability to move. Or else you would do everything you dreamed in your room. REM=Dream Sleep.
Because you are afraid of the paralysis and the whole feeling, you get sometimes negative hallucinations: visual, tactile and sometimes audio..
I'm not afraid of the SP anymore, so I never have disturbing hallucations anymore.
The around the 30-50 episodes I had in total in my life. (I'm only 16 now) I only had the first 20 or something like that who had aliens (actually an ufo outside of my window), something that attacked me (more tactile), a shady person in my room (just looking at me).
Now I usually hear music when I have it.

How to cure it?

You get it when you don't sleep at regular times.
So when you sleep to early or too late.
Or when you're too tired, you can have it too.
I actually always get it when I don't take my Ritalin. (Its maybe weird, Ritalin is a stimulant, but I actually sleep better with it and without SP)
I remember in the times before Ritalin I would also get SP when I'm sick (headache or fever) or stressed.

Some people from this forum would be good comic book makers or headbangers in very white rooms.

Btw sorry for my English, I'm 16, my mother tongue is French, and Dutch at school.

That's pretty interesting. I'm always lacking sleep so this is so fitting. And I've observed that it's either more likely to happen when, or just coincidentally happens when I need one of my asthma inhalers shortly before I sleep. I don't know if there's a correlation there.

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2015, 2:53 am

I'll make this real simple.

If you sleep on your back (supine), then you're almost 100% chance of getting sleep paralysis.

So to "cure" this, please sleep on your side or your tummy.

--END--

collaboris
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2017, 5:13 pm

i had an episode 2 years ago. it changed me, it in a way before i knew it as such, i though it was done by extraterrestrials (maybe so my guardian angel or spirit guide at least claims it be be that way) the main reason i belived this was becuase i got binary code when i forced myself out of it. after i looked it up of sleep paralysis all but one symptom were present. (that along with a sound my sister makes creates doubt that it was just sleep paralysis alone) the one symptom i did not expericnce was that you can control your eyes. (or open them.) in my case i could not open them no matter what i did. it did not freak me out at all in fact i wish to have it again. (so i can speak with them or astral project.) i told my viewers of it in one of my vlog videos. but here is how i remember it.

that night i felt restless. i walked around for 7 minutes straight after a bathroom break. going back to bed i cleared a larger space on my bed (my bed is usually messy so i use half of it. that night i used a heavy blanket i can assume that that's eliminated. i got back in laid in a neutral position with the heave blanket under me (it felt good on my back.) then almost immediately i felt this electrical shock hitting me. i could not move. i heard the sound in my mind. it was probably telepathic now that i think about it. ) it sounded like my sister imitating a velociraptor (we watched Jurassic park the same week) all symptons but eye controll were in effect. i could not open my eye. it felt like i was held down. (i heard of close encounters with ETs where they held a man down as they observed him) i assumed that they were doing it to me (after this experience my intelligence grew almost exponentially. my strenghth did so as well but in lasser magnitude. ) it was like being enlightened of the truth. i checked l of my body parts to see if it was just me. i later read somthing similar to this from the CDC i looked at another socurce to check my own memory (i hate being incorrect. i strive for perfection and percision so that i may enlighten others.) it said this:

An episode of paralysis may cause you to be unable to speak. It can also make you unable to move your arms and legs, body, and head. You are still able to breathe normally. You are also fully aware of what is happening. An episode can last for seconds or minutes. The episode usually ends on its own. It may also end when someone touches you or speaks to you. Making an intense effort to move can also end an episode. Sleep paralysis may occur only once in your life. It may also happen many times in a year.

this are they symtoms. it says notihng about the eyes being forced and stuck shut. remember i just laid down so there was no time for gunk to form (everytime i wipe my eyes clean of it. when i wake up. just a habit.) the CDC said that you can open your eyes but you cannot move anything else. my eyes were stuck shut. i could not open then. something was on my eyes and face. holding me down. why though i did not know. evidince supporting it was that with intense movement you could bust yourself out of it. i did so placing all of my energy in my arms chest and head. i busted myself out it turns out i put so much anergy that after i busted i jumped. to land properly i landed on all fours and hissed like a cat *hiss* (i thought it was my sister trying to jumscare my like foxy from FNAF but doing it as a dinosaur.) i looked around my ddor was open just as i left it. i closed my eyes then in the blacklight of my vision (the light in dark you get if you stare at a bright light then close your eyes.) 2s and 3s aranged like binary code. i had about 4, 4x4 square increments. i decided the write it down the next day (to this day i might still remember it) i put it into a translator it translated to four symbols or letters or nembers ":p , a symbols that looked like2 squares aranged like the nintendo DS logo (i used my 3ds XL to translate it ha ha) and finally an @ symbol. (if they were aliens, were they trying to send me an Email telepathically?) o opned my eyes to sight the bathroom light on (i originally though it was my sister it was not me who left it on i remember turing all light off. (night lights included)i have something for sleeping in pitch black) also the dog was on the otherside of the gate i had for him (he is an astralian shepard he wanted to get back through the gate so i did that for him. finding him on the wrong side of the gate is very rare usually cuase by my sister going to see our parents becuase of her constant nightmares. i checked my sister's room.. the room was cold had on thermal indication of someone walking through. i heard no breathing (i even held my own breath to be sure) she was sound asleep) (in fact i stopped having nightmares after i would go out into the living room to stare at mysterious shadows walking around my front yard. last time i saw them well was when i say my first UFO i think they finally noticed my at the large window 4 feet tall. i wore no camo that's probably why. the entered a light coming from a craft that landed next to a tree that me and my sister would climb a lot in the years to come (there was a burned patch there when i looked the next day. however this was assumed to be dried grass as we were having one heck of a drought season at the time it reached over 100 Fahrenheit Daily) today that patch is lunch with low growing plants i have never seen before. everone in a while it'll meditate there.)

in the following months (i am in a christian family) so i learned how to talk to god, jesus and other angels through the wind. with my faith strong with out affiliation i began my own research on my self in the process i met several aliens. (who i decided to put in a novel i felt like writing even named some after the names they gave me for them and for other i gave names for since their names were impossible to transmit at my level of communique at the time.) started a revolution in thier worlds (for selfish reasons as trade with earth was non existed but a black market was used to supply them with Nintendo consoles.) at first it sounded like i was making this us (turns out a lot of communications from god, jesus and your guardian angel or spirit guide (my guide is also my guardian angel) sound this way) after the revolutions there were conflicts of stabilization (they tried keeping me out of these. granted they did a horrible job at it. just like they did to cover their tracks that night) i ounce again butted in and let some of my energy to help do what's right (they claimed i had alot of it and that it was as volatile but useful just like Phazon radiation from the Metroid prime series) eventually just to do so they tried having me forget them. while we talk occasionally only one of the many aliens i met still resides here granted very Hiddenly that alien claims to be the one that held me down. any about sleep pararlysis befor i go off like a ticking time bomb i plan on inducing it so i can "astral project."

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 7:25 am

LilZebra wrote:
If you sleep on your back (supine), then you're almost 100% chance of getting sleep paralysis.

So to "cure" this, please sleep on your side or your tummy.

This is a super late reply to your super, super late reply, but I almost always fall asleep on my stomach, and I almost always wake up on my back :?