Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 8:50 am

I know that some of us have 'sensory' issues with light/brightness.

So what sun glasses do you prefer.

My current collection includes Armani, Oakley and Ray ban (old style Police type)

Last edited by Blindspot149 on 16 Feb 2010, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2010, 10:43 am

I never wore sunglasses until I was in my late 40s, because I would have needed prescription lenses, and could never afford them. So now I have a nice pair of polarized, UV-blocking prescription shades, not made by a "we make sunglasses" company, but by my optician. Now that I'm used to them, I wonder how I ever got along without them!

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 2:17 pm

Oakley.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 4:07 pm

I used to wear cheap sunglasses ($10-20 range), since I didn't really care that much, but when I visited Vegas a couple of years ago, my sister got me a pair of Maui Jim Akoni sunglasses, and they're fantastic.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 5:28 pm

Any dark sunglasses. Most regular ones are tinted dark enough for my comfort.

Also having glasses of some sort on serves a another purpose for me; keeping blowing air out of my eyes. (Sometimes I can walk so fast that the passing air irratates my eyes)

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 5:31 pm

these right here
:lol:

I never understand the really big sunglasses trend? Do peoples eyes really move around that far in there sockets?

This is what I own
Oakley, Half Jacket with 3 sets of the smaller lenses
Oakley, Flak Jacket with another 3 sets of the larger lenses
Ruby Project, Kerosene with 3 sets of lenses
Ruby Project, Rydon with 2 sets of lenses

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 5:44 pm

roadracer wrote:
I never understand the really big sunglasses trend? Do peoples eyes really move around that far in there sockets?

I don't understand it, either. Granted, my sunglasses are fairly large, but I'm fairly large too, so they don't look big on me.

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2010, 11:02 pm

I used to wear a pair of prescription sunglasses tinted so dark people were shocked I could see out of them. No one will make me another a pair that dark. :(

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 12:21 am

sunglasses confuse me greatly :duh: it's like it's dark out yet the sun's out...so weird. i don't enjoy wearing them at all. i like to gnaw on them.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Tanz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2010, 12:42 am

I just wear cheap sunglasses because I either break or lose them all too often. The one time I bought pair of fairly expensive sunglasses (Porshe Carerra folding ones), I wore them to the beach five days after buying them, and a wave came and hit me, and the Gulf stole them from me. :-(
I currently have 3 pairs I wear; the best pair fit too close to my head and my eyelashes hit the lenses when I blink, which annoys me so I rarely wear them. Also, when I sweat, they tend to fog up on me, which also annoys me. The next best pair got bent, so the lenses have a tendency to pop out. The last pair are scratched up, so I don't like them as much, but they give me the least amount of problems. I'll get a new pair soon, when I can afford them.

"Lunch...is on Millie" - Ace Rimmer

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 6:36 am

Blindspot149 wrote:
I know that some of us have 'sensory' issues with light/brightness.

So what sun glasses do you prefer.

My current collection includes Armari, Oakley and Ray ban (old style Police type)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 7:12 am

I got my sunglasses as a good pair at a camping/hikeing store, makes them comfertable, protective and durable, my curent ones lenses can also pop out so they don't break, I quite like them because they hug onto my face. I think I just find things too bright, I actually find it incredibly difficukt to go out without a pair now, I also feel much more alert with them on, where even indoors I can find lights too bright and it makes me feel tired.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 9:08 am

I've got some cheap walmart ones right now. I'm picky about the shape, and I have a wide head, so the standard ones don't fit to well. But every now and again, they have these funky looking ones that mum says make me look like a bug, and they are perfect.

Just to go outside when it's sunny I require them. I would stand in the doorway of my apartment looking at traffic on the freeway wearing them. I have an extreme sensory thing with sunlight. Other than that, they are often perched on my head, presumably in an attempt to futz up my hair.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot