Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 1:42 pm

Didn't he write that vampire novel, Draculberg? :P

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 1:58 pm

He is very Aspie. I saw a video of him talking about BitTorrent in a documentary and he was rocking, had a monotone voice, everything. Plus Aspies tend to have the kind of logical minds that can do well in things like programming. He also had to teach himself to make facial expressions, and can't wear socks.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:03 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
He is very Aspie. I saw a video of him talking about BitTorrent in a documentary and he was rocking, had a monotone voice, everything. Plus Aspies tend to have the kind of logical minds that can do well in things like programming.

No one rocks in an interview, that's something you just don't do, if someone did that, they would be put in an institution, I can remember seeing an interview with him a few years ago, and he said "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" several times over, just like a nerd, though I'd expect nothing less of a self-diagnosed NT.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:04 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
He is very Aspie. I saw a video of him talking about BitTorrent in a documentary and he was rocking, had a monotone voice, everything. Plus Aspies tend to have the kind of logical minds that can do well in things like programming.

No one rocks in an interview, that's something you just don't do, if someone did that, they would be put in an institution, I can remember seeing an interview with him a few years ago, and he said "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" several times over, just like a nerd, though I'd expect nothing less of a self-diagnosed NT.

Well, he did, I can show you the documentary if you don't believe me...

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 2:05 pm

And there's not much point in him getting an actual diagnosis. He has a family and all of that. He has a way of getting income. All the diagnosis would probably do is give him less rights. If you are married and have children and you're autistic, and you go to get a divorce, it could be used against you to keep you from getting custody of your kids. It could be used to keep you from getting medical insurance. If he doesn't need any supportive services I can see why he would avoid getting evaluated. He identifies as autistic and we should respect it, not question it. He has a lot of the traits. He probably is.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:07 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

There's no need for that, I know that autists are the only ones who rock back and forth during important discussions like interviews.

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 2:08 pm

So we have proven that he is right and has autism. What was the point of this?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:08 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

There's no need for that, I know that autists are the only ones who rock back and forth during important discussions like interviews.

Right, so you accept he is on the spectrum then?

I'd also like to point out Bram Cohen founded his own company and works in a high up position today...

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 2:12 pm

I'd never heard about him. In fact, I thought at first the post meant Simon Baron-Cohen or something. But I looked it up on Wikipedia and read about him. He seems kind of awesome. It's nice to see another example of a successful person on the autism spectrum.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:14 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

I'd also like to point out Bram Cohen founded his own company and works in a high up position today...

That's surreal, a developed country wouldn't trust to employ a severe autistic, let alone let him/her run their own company while they rock back and forth instead of doing their work, it's just something you don't do.

Last edited by bdhkhsfgk on 19 Feb 2010, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:14 pm

What business is it of yours if Bram or anyone else is self diagnosed, I really don't care for your attitude

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:15 pm

valkyrieraven88 wrote:
I'd never heard about him. In fact, I thought at first the post meant Simon Baron-Cohen or something. But I looked it up on Wikipedia and read about him. He seems kind of awesome. It's nice to see another example of a successful person on the autism spectrum.

Yup, it's my favourite success story about someone who's admitted to being on the spectrum :)

BitTorrent has a massive importance, BTW, it's pretty much driving a digital revolution. That's no exaggeration either, Google "Pirate Party".

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 2:16 pm

He runs his company fine. You think people who stim by rocking can't run a company? You need to stop insulting people because I find that very offensive. I rock as a stim sometimes. Should I give up becoming a professor? Must not be a huge problem because I still have A's and B's in all my classes and am in the honors program, and I'm a college junior take graduate level classes.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 2:17 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
That's surreal, a developed country wouldn't trust to employ a severe autistic, let alone let him/her run their own company while they rock back and forth instead of doing their work, it's just something you don't do.

Funny, because he did it. And far from "rock back and forth instead of doing their work", he invented BitTorrent...